So my sister came out last weekend and we had a good time. Regardless that it was cold and snow was up past I knees and I really don't recommend galavanting around DC in winter. haha But we had fun. It was nice for her to get a break from her hectic life.
This past weekend we went on a marriage retreat in Williamsburg to the Great Wolf Lodge. It was so fun. I was happy that Kaylie wasn't too scared to go on the slides and me and Curt took turns with Brandon to play with Kaylie. Brandon didn't like the water too much, I think it was a combination of being too cold in the water and how loud it was in there. Kaylie's favorite was the wave pool. Which I have to admit was fun once I got in. The waves crashed me into shore and it was hilarious to try and get up while waves kept pushing me over. I didn't get much out of the retreat itself. I thought the chaplain was not a good speaker. To me he seemed to not project what he was trying to say very well. It all sounded like gibberish to me! We also got a 300 dollar gift card which helped with food. That place is no joke when it comes to prices. We spent the whole gift card on food! Overall it was a great trip. I would totally go again and want to go to the one at Wisconsin Dells next time we go home!
Brandon mastered the art of rolling all over today. He has been rolling over from his stomach to his back but not vice versa for a couple months now. Just this past few days he started going from his back to his front. So this morning he was rolling over and over and all around the room. It was too cute! He is growing up so so fast. I hate it! This is our last baby and I am trying to enjoy every single moment of it. I can't believe he will be 5 months old next week already!
Kaylie has a couple projects she is doing for school. For the 100th day of school they have to collect 100 items of anything they want and categorize them into groups. She is doing markers. So pretty easy. Her class is also doing the Flat Stanely project which my sister took him home and he is having a blast in IL. Kaylie will have the best Flat Stanley of them all. He rode the airplane, got his picture taken at cheerleading with my niece and even participated in stunts, went to Girl Scouts, out to dinner, even got his picture taken with a policeman. haha
Me and Curt are so excited that the MMRB starts soon. We are also extremely happy he doesn't have to do the MED board. He has to make an appointment with ortho and get their opinion on how much he can do as far as carrying a combat load,etc. He leaves this week for Birmingham to practice for the Paralymics in May. He's excited to do this. Then in May we all get to go to Colorado Springs for the olympics for a week which should be another great family adventure!
As for me, I feel as though I'm in a rut. I need to do more more more. I feel like I'm missing something and I don't know what it is. It sucks! I just finished reading Dave Ramsey's book and he totally opened my eyes to debt, retirement, emergency funds, mortgages, cars and I'm so glad I read the chapter on student loans. My goal is to NOT have those. I will find every sholarship and grant or work study program I can to help with my school. I do not want the burden of student loans. I highly highly recommend the book to everybody! We started a college fund for Kaylie awhile ago and I want to start the same for Brandon asap. As long as we can put close to 200 bucks each for Kaylie and Brandon a month in those accounts and Curt plans on dividing his GI bill between them 50/50 they should be set for college when the time comes. Thank God! Student loans are evil. And as Dave Ramsey says Student loans are just for those people who live beyond their means to keep the lifestyle they want and wish they really had" hmmm.. I know a few people like that ;)
Oh well though, they'll learn how stupid their choices were eventually. That's for sure. I am so glad I read his book before I did take out loans because that was entirely my plan!
I don't care if it takes me 20 years to earn my degree it will be debt free. I will earn it loan free and not owe a single penny to anyone. Start out on the right foot and not fifty steps behind.
I'm still throwing back and forth a couple of options for myself. I know I am an excellent student and push myself to the limit. I excel at hard work even if I do get frustrated by it. Allowing myself to be mediocre is not an option. I know a couple people doubt me and that is their problem. My life is my life and I get so tired of the negativity. There are a few select people that get on my nerves with that shit! It gets old fast and I have been distancing myself from those who just want to bring me down. I mean seriously would it hurt that much to just give me some damn support once in a while?! Some encouraging words?! Ugh...
Sometimes lately I have felt utterly alone. No one gets me, no one understands and no one really gives a damn. But I've felt like that most of my life... so I know that I'll get through this little debbie downer moment too. It's just a moment. I'll have my little pity party then move the fuck on :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment