Monday, February 8, 2010

What I wish...my list

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Current mood: validated

Secondary Infertility Hurts Too!!

I wish that people would not say to me

1. Be happy you have one/at least you have one--so this means the want/need to have more children is wrong of me? That the desire to be pregnant and hold another baby in my arms is something I should just "suck up". That I have one child who I love dearly, and want MORE to love just like her!! Please don't say that comment to me, its RUDE and inconsiderate.

2. Just get drunk, thats how we got pregnant--yeah okay, ACTUALLY alcohol LOWERS sperm count it does NOT "help" you get pregnant. Espcially when the hubby already has very low sperm motility :)

3. When are you going to have another one?--I HATE this question. And people should think before asking it, you never know what a couple is going thru. I've learned to not ask people that question anymore. And I hate it worse when family asks, obviously they know we have been trying for 6 YEARS.

4. It will happen when God wants it to--well so God wants 14 year olds to get pregnant then kill their baby or leave it in the trash? And me, who's been waiting...God thinks its not time...yeah, this has nothing to do with God so don't bring him into it, k, thanks.

5. Just Relax then it will happen---please just shut up. This is usually said by people who try and wind up pregnant within a year. Try going this long...then tell yourself to relax!

6. If you don't know anything about our situation. Don't offer advice. My husband has less than a 1% chance of getting me pregnant. Listen again... LESS THAN ONE % CHANCE. Therefore it would take an extreme MIRACLE from God for it to happen without IVF.

7. Well you got pregnant once so obviously you can get pregnat--Um yes we did, after trying 3 years. Occording to our infertility specialist. Something must have affected my husband in some way to lower his motility rate within that time. Probably something that happened in Iraq on one of his tours.

8. I'll carry the baby for you if you can't--Okay, nothings wrong with ME, I am perfectly fine and capable to carry a baby, aren't you listening? Its MALE factor infertility.

9. Just get donor sperm--um no, I want my HUSBANDS baby, why pay for others sperm when I can pay a few grand more for our OWN baby??

Thats about it for now. If someone else makes a stupid comment I will add it to the list :)

No comments:

Post a Comment