Monday, February 8, 2010

Carlos Mencia

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Current mood: busy

So last night we went to Atlanta to see Carlos Mencia at the Fox Theatre. We dropped Kaylie off at Christy's around 4:00 and started our long drive in the pouring rain. Some points it was raining so hard we couldn't even see out the windows. It let up about 20 minutes later though so that was good, even though the sky was so dark still. We arrived there around 6. Let me add I hate being in strange places, I mean we were downtown Atlanta and I had prepaid for parking somewhere hahaha and I swear at every driveway was an event parking, but we finally found our parking garage which was a block and a half away so we had a little walk pass about 50 homeless people. yeah, fun. damn bumms!!

There was a long line outside the theater so we had to wait. We finally got in and the theatre is SO nice. Very nice theater. Carlos Mencia was stading behind some ropes so we got in line to meet him. We shook his hand and he said enjoy the show. I have to say he looks much better in person--he was skinny and cute :)

So we sat in row K on the left side pretty close to the stage. Pretty good seats. The show didn't even start until about 7:30 and there were three comedians before Carlos. They were alright. It was carlos' brother Joseph, then another mexican, then a girl, then a midget hahaha Carlos didn't come out until around 8:30. He of course was hilarious. Lots of jokes about the olympics and the presidential candidates, and of course lots of jokes about Atlanta and the south in general. He went 45 minutes over his time. The show ended around 10:00 then we got in line to buy a shirt and Curt had Carlos sign it.

Then we got a little lost downtown trying to find the interstate hahaha so we didn't even get out of ATL till close to 11. I was tired at this point we made it home about 12:15 and we went straight to bed. Well, I have a busy day, my house has been neglected this week so I have a lot of scrubbing to do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment