Sunday, April 19, 2009
| Current mood: frustrated Is not being able to swallow a pill. Its the most frustrating thing ever in my life. I have been prescribed some pills that I NEED to take. And as soon as she said I will put in a prescription for you, my heart drops and I dread the wholeprocess. I'm even in a support group for this!! Its comforting to know that there are millions of people out there in my same situation. I come home and stare at the bottle of pills feeling nauseous already. I have for the count only swallowed three pills in my whole life. Even the smallest pills I have to cut in half to even try to attempt to swallow it. Many people have tried to give me advice on this matter. And believe me I get crap for it all the time. I know its all psychological. I have tried crushing them up, putting them in food, you name it I can guarantee you I have tried it. But I have a massive gag reflex. As soon as the pill hits the back of my throat..I puke. Yes I puke. Its the most frustrating thing in the world!!! I was telling Curt today... after I have for the past two days attempted to take these pills and have wasted more than half the bottle with no success....that its not just pills either. Even my food, for example jello, I have tried just swallowing a spoonful of jello and I CAN'T. I always have to chew, even ice cream, I swish it around, chew a little then swallow. I can't swallow in one big gulp either its always two or three swallows. I wish swallowing things were easy for me. I have even been asked "are you chewing ice cream??" Its embarrasing. And I am at a lost on what to do. I'm grateful many pills do come in liquid or chewable form. But there are some that don't. Like what I have to take now. Its so embarrasing to have to tell the doctor tomorrow, because I will need to call, and tell her I've wasted half the bottle and not swallowd a single pill. Is there any other form of this I can take? I wish it was simple for me as it is for most people. Curt gets frustrated with me too because he doesn't understand. I can't help it. Its the biggest frustration in life!!! |
frustrated
No comments:
Post a Comment