| Current mood: confident So I had my 1st appt. today. I drove around the parking lot for 10 minutes just to find a place to park. UGH!! I HATE that. I ended up parking wayyyyyyy in the back in the added on parking lot in the very last spot. Made it up to the 3rd floor with one minute to spare. hahaha I was to see a Dr. McPherson. She was so nice. She asked all sorts of questions. I told her it took three years to get pregnant with Kaylie. We've been trying in between deployments for 5 1/2 yrs. now. I've charted, my periods are regular, never missed one at all, I've done ovulation predictor sticks. And also we bought Fertell and it said my FSH was normal but Curt's test came back low sperm motility. No family history of birth defects on either side or anything. She then examined my pelvic area and everything looks good :) From here I have to start taking prenatals. And go back for lab work on the 3rd and 21st days of my cycle. Which won't happen till august since we leave next week for DC and I'll be getting my period while there. I'll miss both days for this cycle. I just had my period June 25th so I missed the 3rd day and the 21st day is the day after we leave for DC...so not till August for that. Second thing I will have done is a test (forgot the name) where they insert die to see if my tubes are blocked basically. Since I had gallbladder surgery there could be some scar tissue blocking one of my tubes. Curt has to make an appt with his PCM to get a semen analysis. Since we kind of have an idea of the results of that if that Fertell test was correct she is interested in the results. If all three come back normal she will just put me on clomid from there and see what happens. If anything is off she will immediately refer us out to a fertility specialist at that point. So there's the scoop so far. I liked her, she seemed very nice and put me at ease right away. |
Monday, February 8, 2010
1st infertility appointment
Wednesday, July 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
confident
No comments:
Post a Comment