Sunday, May 17, 2009
| So Friday Curt had an appointment at Bethesda with his social worker to set up his home care after he's released from the hospital. So I decided to go along for once. I'm terrified leaving post while Kaylie's at school, because I worry about traffic and getting stuck and not making it back in time. And Bethesda is about 25 miles away or so. Anyway, all Curt's social worker told him was that he needed to go to Bldg. 10 and to ask for directions once we got to the gate. So we get to the gate and ask the guard for directions to bldg 10....He makes absolutely no sense and speaks with a heavy accent. So whatever, we decided to just look for the bldg numbers, really how hard could it be??? So he we are driving around the whole complex with no luck. Curt finally pulls up to the ER and I ask the guard there for directions to bldg 10. He told us turn here, turn there, and its right there. Okay no luck still. At this point Curt is getting pissed and says how he is gonna bitch out the social worker for just not telling him how to frikin get to the bldg. We try calling her to no avail...no answer. Finally I tell Curt to drive to the front of the hospital and I'll run in and ask. We drive up and there in a small square and no big blue sign like the other bldgs is BLDG 10. haha. It was the hospital itself!!! Now 30 minutes later we can finally park and work our way up. We get up to the 4th floor, and let me just say its a total maze up there with different corriders. So we walk around some more following all the signs to the social work office. Finally arrive there after walking in circles for a couple minutes and sit and wait for this lady to come get us to take us to her office. At this point Curt is still pissed off and can't wait to give this lady a piece of his mind. She finally walks in....and....she's blind!! Yep, she is blind, stick and all. Me and Curt look at each other and I know were both thinking the same thing. Wow, this is weird. Our first interaction with someone with no sight. As soon as we leave the office Curt says "well no wonder she couldn't tell me how to get here" lol So we felt bad for being so pissed, when really she couldn't help us with directions! |
No comments:
Post a Comment