Monday, February 8, 2010

Election day

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Current mood: triumphant

I cried this morning. Literally cried. I am so happy that Obama won the election. I'm not one to normally talk politics but I hate to see all these disprectful people calling him the Anti Christ and comparing him to Hitler and Stalin. How can you do that?? That is the most disrespectful thing you can do. How can you call your self a good person and call people names like that? That hurts me to people sink that low. Obama is not the Anti Christ and he certainly is NOT Hilter or Stalin.

Yes you can be mad your candidate lost. Yes you can grieve about it. But you also have to RESPECT the President-elect and learn to put your grieveances aside and give him a chance. Its apalling to me to see these people degrade him like that. I would NEVER do that to McCain. I respect him. It amazes me to see these people stoop to such low levels and just assume our country is doomed because "their" candidate didn't win. He has a family, with two young daughters who will soon be living in Washington D.C. He is a Christian. He is a US citizen.

I also hope Obama lives up to all his promises. I hope he does as good as a job if not better than what I expect for the man I voted for. Yes I don't agree with everything Obama stands for. There are things I agree with McCain on.

I just don't feel its right to say the things that I have read or heard about Obama. That saddens me as an American to hear people talk like that......and I will stick up for him as a fellow American when I hear that!

To hear Elisabeth Hasselback on the View who was a staunch McCain supporter say she respects Obama as President-elect and will get in line behind him because thats what as an American you do. Support your President!!

No comments:

Post a Comment