Saturday, March 21, 2009
| Current mood: happy I thought I would write a quick blog to let everyone know how our move went instead of answering you all one by one! The movers came on Monday and packed everything, on Tuesday they loaded it all. The driver of our truck wanted to deliver our HHG on Thursday but I told him we don't sign our lease until Friday. So he gave me his number and was gonna call and hopefully deliver on Friday...and on Wednesday me and Kaylie and Katy left for Virginia. We left about nine. I was hoping to try and make it all the way but I was so tired we had to stop right before Richmond. So that left us with a short drive on Thursday. We got here about 1030 I think. Curt guided me into post. Which is crazy by the way. The gates are so different from Benning. Its like the old school gates they had at Benning (if any of you were there when they had them haha) before they built the new ones. Got to his barracks room and chilled for a bit before heading to his wound check appt at Walter Reed. After that we ate Subway and then headed to our hotel for the night. Which was by Potomac Mills a huge shopping mall and area with all different shops and restuarants around it. I had been there once two years ago when we were here after Curt's injury but barely remember it. I was happy to see Famous Dave's..OMG the best BBQ EVER. I can't wait to eat there and hope its as good as the one back home!! So the driver called and said he would deliver our stuff Friday. Whoo-hoo. Our luck couldn't be any better than we have had :) So we got up at 530 to be back here in time. Yes traffic is horrible and yes I already hate these damn stupid drivers here. Their idiots!! Worse than GA by a long shot! If I remember correctly DC has top honors for the countries worst drivers! Anyway, we got here and signed our lease and got our keys. Meanwhile the moving truck is sitting outside our house waiting for us to get there. hahaha perfect :) So we get our keys. Which let me tell you about them. Their weird! Their plastic and electronic. Which I couldn't get in the house so I am totally gonna have to practice that. haha Curt had to open the door for me. You put the key in and it buzzes and then you turn it and it opens the door. We got a two car garage in the back and a nice size backyard. Big enough for a grill and patio set. Can't wait for that!! Inside is huge. The biggest house we have ever lived in by far. The kitchen has no microwave which I'm pissed about. So now we have to go buy one. I was assuming there would be one since the new houses at Benning have them. the laundry room is extremely small. My washer and dryer barely fit in there! Luckily they figured it out thank God. I can't imagine not having my nice expensive Kenmore Elites anymore haha ;) Our kitchen table looks sooooo small in the dining area. We might have to buy a new table. Upstairs is three bedrooms. The master is huge but the other two rooms are way small. Kaylie's furniture barely fits in there and half of her toys and books are not going to fit. Hopefully we can try to make something work. There's two and a half baths. Two full baths upstairs and one half bath downstairs. I am extremely satisfied with our house. The only thing I don't like is everyhouse is so crammed together. Their literally on top of each other with no breathing room. Everyone parks on the street and not in their garages. Which the office lady said is about to change soon since its a safety hazard for the fire trucks and EMT's to get thru. Its so narrow I can't imagine them trying to get where they need to be. So soon everyone will be forced to park in their garage. The elementary school is literally right outside our door. I'm happy about that. I am taking Kaylie there on Monday. I am so happy our move went so smooth. Everything happened the way it was supposed to. No problems with the movers. No problems getting here. No problems with the house. And no problems with our stuff. Nothing was broken or missing. I am extremely impressed with that moving company. And plan on giving them a good rating when I do the survey. I have heard nothing but horror stories about military moves and it wasn't that way at all. Moving is so stressful and exhausting though. I feel horrible for the people who do it every 2-3 years. I guess we were blessed to be at Benning for 6 years. I am already dreading our next move. What a process!! Curt says he wants to stay here for the rest of his career and never move again!! Anyway will post pics once our house is organized and put together :) |
happy
No comments:
Post a Comment