| Current mood: bummed So today in the mail I got Curt's semen analysis results. His count is normal. 57 million. Average is 20 million so he has an excellent count. And the morph (sperm shape) is also normal and good. But the motility like I stated before is POINT 5% extremely low. Normal is 35%. They grade it A-D..A being they swim up and where they are supposed to. His is a grade D the lowest. They do not swim at all. Their basically duds.... Now this bums me out. I was doing some research on it tonight. On all the fertility specialists websites it says if the motile sperm is below 10% the only option is IVF with ICSI. Which costs $10,500 in the civilian sector (not including meds). We can try to get a referral to Walter Reed where they also do IVF with ICSI for half the price at $5506 (not including meds). Curt has already stated he is against paying so much just to have a baby. He believes it should happen naturally or not at all. I kind of agree but a big part of me says go for it. I want another baby..... bad.....I mean I'm almost 28 time is ticking on my side. It saddens me to think I might never have another one. Also he is supposed to stay away from alcohol, which decreases already unstable sperm. So I have to cut him off from that if we are to even try to raise his motility. But chances are his being so extemely low it probably won't help much. Sigh....this is such a bummer. Anyway, I am gonna talk to Curt about it tomorrow but I think if we are even going to consider this route and since he has to go to walter reed for two more surgeries anyways, we might as well put in a request for transfer. I know we both love it here at Benning and have made really good friends, but I think for both of our circumstaces, his surgeries (metal removal and knee replacement) then if we decide to do IVF with ICSI we will be living right there. So much easier than traveling back and forth I think. Well, this is my train of thought at the moment. I'll get his opinion tomorrow. I know we have thrown it back and forth many times about moving there. I think its just scary. Sigh...I don't know..... |
Monday, February 8, 2010
thinking about our infertility
Friday, September 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
bummed
No comments:
Post a Comment