Tuesday, October 06, 2009
| Current mood: relieved So Friday I had my 38 week Ob appt and I was 1 cm dilated and 35% effaced and haveing contractions. But of course my blood pressure was still out of control. They took me over to L&D and I was put on a non stress test. Finished that still feeling contractions and what not. They were two minutes apart and I had dilated to 1.5-2 cm. The midwife and doctor thought for sure I would be back that night since my history of having Kaylie so fast. (4 hours). Got home and my good friend Tracey flew in that night to be here. The next day we went and ate at Chili's and I ordered some spicy buffalo wings and then when we got home me and Tracey took a long walk around the neighborhood. I had started feeling sick Friday night with a sore throat and stuffy nose so by Saturday afternoon I thought it was getting worse. Plus I knew that my blood pressure was probably elevated so we went up to L&D and of course My blood pressure was extremely high in the 160s range. I hadn't felt Brandon move all day and was worried about that. Plus his heart rate was all over the place and way too high. They were concerned about that. At one point it jumped to as high as 235. And my temperature spiked up to 101.7. They decided at that point to admit me and induce. Got to our room and situated in my gown and all that. My nurse (who was absolutely wonderful!!!) started me on the picotin and we were off. The midwife came in and broke my water and right after that I got my epidural in place. I was fine for awhile after that and we all laid down and tried to get some sleep. Then I started having pressure and my nurse checked me and I was 4 cm. I asked for a 2nd dose of the epi and while we were waiting on him to get done giving someone else theirs the pressure started to intensify so bad I started crying the contractions hurt so bad. I couldn't stand the pain. Nurse checked me again and I was 7cm. Finally thank the Lord I got my 2nd dose and the pressure steadily went away and I felt nothing once again. Nurse checked me and I was complete. All of this by the way is going on in the space of only a couple hours. And I remember making a comment about being so glad I never have to go thru this again since this is our last kid haha and the nurses laughing. Also Curt made a comment about hoping he doesn't pass out and the nurse said "are you a marine, marines and cops are the ones who pass out all the time she's noticed." lol He said nope, I'm army. So we started pushing and it was happening so fast that he started to crown and the doctor wasn't even there yet! So everything started to get crazy. People running around trying to get the doctor the nurses telling me don't push don't push, while I'm feeling the urge to push. It was a drama fest haha. Midwife and doctor rush in I push like one more time and he's out. All of that pushing only lasted 20 minutes! He was born at 2:22 A.M. weighing 6 lbs. 7 oz. The cord was wrapped around his neck and he was blue which is the scariest thing in the world as a parent. The doctor was resesitating him and FINALLY he started crying. They clean him up let me hold him for like 30 seconds and whisked him off to the nursey with dad to do what they needed to do. I only tore a little bit which is good. I actually felt so good with that epi I fell asleep while they stitched me up haha. The midwife said "that must've been some good drugs" I was in the labor and delivery room for almost 24 hours afterwards since my blood pressure was (and is) still too high. They didn't want to move me with it like that. Finally Sunday afternoon they moved us over to the recovery room and I got a private room which I was happy about. With my OWN bathroom :) We got discharged today. We had to stay longer since Brandon needed antibiotics for 48 hours and I needed them for 24 hours. That was due to me having SOME kind of illness ( I tested negative for the flu and strep throat though) and also being GBS positive. We got home today and I'm still feeling crummy with a cough and cold and a small fever. It sucks being sick and trying to take care of a newborn. I'm exhausted beyond words. Hopefully I'll feel better soon. I am on pills now for my blood pressure. I don't know how long I will have to take them. Hopefully it'll go down soon and also my damn swollen legs and feet will too! Overall, all the horror stories you hear about the military hospitals I had a great experience at Dewitt. |
relieved
No comments:
Post a Comment