Monday, February 8, 2010

our very first PCS move

Monday, November 03, 2008

Current mood: excited

I'm so frikin excited and wish we were leaving tomorrow. Hahahaha we are going to be stationed at Fort Belvoir, VA. That is where Curt will be apart of their WTU and we will go to Walter Reed for his surgeries. Belvoir is right outside of DC on the VA side of the Capitol. Its 26 miles from Walter Reed.

I'm glad we found out about Belvoir. One of Curt's soldiers at work told him its the best kept secret in the army. So we went to the website and fell in love instantly. All the housing is brand new. Its right on the Potomoc River and right outside of Alexandria. Some wives I talked to who are stationed there say the website defintately does not do Belvoir justice. Its beautiful.

Curt called the housing office today and we qualify for a 4 bedroom and as of right now there is no waiting list. I can't wait. I'm so excited now. We have been here forever. Our first and only duty station. I'm ready to experience an army move. I've never done it and have been so jealous of everyone around me moving and us being stuck here FOREVER!! Its our turn damn it hahahaha January hurry up and get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment