Thursday, March 12, 2009
| Current mood: contemplative Yesterday he had surgery to remove the hardware in his leg. They were able to remove 95% of it. A couple screws broke in his femur so they were not able to remove them. Also he is back to 0 range of motion, which sucks, were basically back to square one where we started at. He is in a lot of pain, nothing is working for him, not even dilauded. haha and thats the good shit!! He said when he got out of bed today to go to the bathroom by the time he got back he was crying it hurt so much. He's a little worried he might have to amputate his leg. They told him because how much bone he lost and the joints in his knee are basically gone, they won't be able to do a whole knee replacement, they will have to try to do a special knee replacement which will not last as long as a regular one. Kind of grim news. I told him we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. We'll wait and see what the joint replacement specialist says. Curt said "Dacia, I can't lose my leg" It breaks my heart. But we have to think about it. If the knee replacement is not going to solve the problem we'll be out of options. Do we want him to be in pain the rest of his life??? No. This is something we will def have to sit down and weigh the outcomes. I know he doesn't want to lose his leg. It would depress him to a point of no return. I mean who really wants to make a decision like that? I wouldn't!! But I would much rather see him active again than suffering the way he has for the past two years now. At times I still am so upset about it. No one who hasn't been in this situation doesn't understand the toll it takes. Iraq changed our lives forever. I miss the person he was before. He was so active. A great runner, so fit and enjoyed life. To see how much this has effected not just him, but me and Kaylie is heartbreaking. I would give ANYTHING to go back and time and change it. I remember getting so upset at people who said they were jealous, JEALOUS that my husband was home after he got hurt. That hurt me to hear. I would have given ANYTHING to have my husband come home in ONE piece. He came home injured, blown up by a roadside bomb... he came home to never be the same again. I am still appalled at the people who said that they were jealous. It is definitely nothing to be jealous about. YOUR husband came home fine. He WALKED off the plane and returned to normal life. He hasn't endured 9 surgeries. He didn't live in a hospital for three months and you didn't live in a hotel room for three months. Our life two years later still consists of doctor appts, phsycial therapy and pain managment appts. Yeah...I guess it is something to be jealous about huh? I wish people would think about things before they opened there mouths.... Anyway, thats about it. A little reflection of our life as of now...enjoy...then get back to YOUR normal life...... |
contemplative
No comments:
Post a Comment