Just a quick little update.
Curt got his secret secret stuff done and completed! Whoo-hoo. He is so excited about that. It will open many doors for him. It took almost ten months to get. It is very hard to get and not many MOSs in the Army call for this, so I'm excited that he is excited. haha
A little setback, well not really, is that the therapist wants him to continue PT. He wants him to be able to bend his knee to 120. Well, we both know for a fact that will not happen. But whatever, if this guy wants him to try I guess Curt has no choice. So the MMRB is out for March and probably April too. Curt says probably May timeframe now. Which just sucks in a way, since I am so ready to get out of here and off to someplace WARM!!! But I know we gotta get him thru all that he has to do before we can get on with our lives. I just feel like after three very long stressful years, I am ready to know our fate, ready to know what the future is holding.
I am trying to be patient, buttt, I am ready to move on with our lives already. It has been the most anxious three years of our lives! I'm ready for answers! So...that is what it is and I am trying to be patient. Curt is taking the FAST class in April to raise his GT score. So this is kind of a blessing in disguise I guess that everything is being pushed back (gotta love the army motto of hurry up and wait). Then we'll go through the MMRB whenever it finally happens.
I asked Curt what he thinks if they let him stay a scout. He said he doesn't want to, because he can never BE a scout again. So he def wants to reclass. And def to MI. Especially now that he has the "secret secret stuff". Which I can't talk about.
Ummm, lets see. If he does go MI, that school is in Arizona. I'm thinking that even though it is not a PCS move since its only 18 or 19 weeks, I am going to move there anyway out of pocket. I don't want to live here alone. No way in hell. This is too big of a city for me and I am so not comfortable with it. Buuut, in reality I will probably stay here because it is just easier. haha
I don't like moving so I will probably suck it up and get through the five months and just fly down there whenever I can to visit.
I am itching to get this all done and over with, but I am praying to the Lord to give me a little more patience. Three years is a long time. I'm ready. He's ready. Let's move on! I can't wait till the day I can say what our fate FINALLY is.
On another note. I've been doing some thinking and Curt has as well. I keep throwing Hawaii back and forth. One very good point I brought up to Curt and my family is if we just go back to Georgia I can switch schools and use the HOPE sholarship which allows military spouses to go to college for free. That is a huge plus!!! Since loans are not an option for me at all, it seems logical to do this. But on the flip side, I see Hawaii as a once in a lifetime opportunity. Plus it is not forever. I would just have to search harder for grants and scholarships.
I've decided to just leave it up to fate and God. Whatever happens happens and I will accept whatever that may be with open arms. Who knows, with our luck they will just send us to Alaska for all we know! haha :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment