Sunday, August 1, 2010

So happy its August!!!!

You have no idea how happy I am with today being August 1st. Next Wednesday is Curt's VA physcial...FINALLY!!!! The heart and soul of the med board. We have been waiting for this for months now. After this things should start moving along at a better rate. I am ready for the future! Ready to put this damn thing behind us!
I am so excited to get this show on the road! Hurry up next week and lets get this thing up and moving!!!

Last week we had a few eventful days. We went to an invatation only screening of the show "Army Wives" with VP and Mrs. Biden and Gen and Mrs. Casey and also a couple actors from the show. It was a lot of fun. First time I left Brandon with a sitter and I didn't like it! haha
It takes a lot for me to trust people and thankfully the event provided daycare so we just dropped the kids off at the center. The screeing of the show was boring itself but it was cool to get to see the VIP's that were there. But I couldn't wait to get my baby back and I was anxious to see how he did so we didn't stay and mingle long. Thankfully I had taken one of my anxiety pills beforehand so I wasn't on edge like I normally am. It calmed me down a bit but not quite as much as I would have liked. When we got back to the daycare and picked up the kids, Brandon was so happy to see me! Kaylie said he cried almost the entire time. :( My poor baby!!!!

On Friday we went to the Shenandoah Caverns and that was really nice. We had a great family time! We went on a tour of the Caverns which was awesome. I even have a picture of a ghost I think. It's a pretty scary looking picture! Then we walked down and fed the goats and ate at a 1950s themed restaurant. I always love those types of places! Then we went on a tour of parade floats that have been in the rose parade and inaugural parades. They were huge and probably cost a lot of money to build. The drive home was awful of course. Brandon hadn't napped since that morning so he was cranky and fought sleep and of course...as usual...screamed and screamed his headoff. It was beyond stressful. At one point we had to pull over and take a break because his crying was unmanagable. Ugh...Kaylie never ever cried like he does in the car. They are total night and day from each other! Kaylie was the easiest baby ever. Brandon is too...most of the time. Except when we travel!!

This week nothing much going on. Classes start tomorrow, yay! I am sooo ready to get back at the grind of things! Still been researching schools for my masters. Curt says get through my BA first before worrying about that, but I'm a planner and like to explore options and ideas. It's never to early to start in my opinion! Having a degree doesn't automatically qualify a person for a job, so I'm going straight into my Master's and getting more into volunteer work. Especially with Girl Scouts of course, and I also want to start looking into co-op programs to give me career field experience. That always helps! Need experience to get a job too! Degree won't get you that!

We might go to the beach this week. Still working on that. We'll see if we're up for the drive with Brandon haha. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment