I get really upset when I hear people say that wounded soldiers should not be allowed to continue to serve. They should be cut out with a disability package and a wave goodbye. This really upsets me. One my husband almost died for this country, he didn't ASK to be blown up by a bomb. He didn't ask for all the things he has gone through to happen. Why shouldn't a combat wounded soldier be allowed to continue to serve??? There are plenty of positions they can hold that do not require deployment. There is instructors, cadre, career counselors, recruiting, branch managers, wounded warrior project mentors, positions at the Pentagon, White House...The list could go on! Not every job has to deploy. Why should they be cut loose just because of their disabilities? I just don't see the reasoning behind this! It baffles me. It hurts me that people can go so low as to say, alright your hurt, peace out dude! Your services are no longer needed since you CAN'T DEPLOY! Ugh..makes me sooooo mad!!
Yes I understand the purpose of the military is to defend our country. I get it. BUT not everyone serves the purpose to actually FIGHT the actual war. My husband did that, been there done that. 3 times! First for the invasion of Iraq in march of 2003, then again in 2005, then again in 2007 when the odds finally came against him and he was injured by an IED. People are still needed on the homefront. If the need arose he could still fire a weapon. He has two hands. He just can't carry a combat load and that makes him non-deployable. Could he still fight for our country if he was allowed to. You bet! Just like every other seriously wounded solider would!!!
I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I respect that, but I would seriously like to know WHY they should not be allowed to continue to service our country in other jobs that fit their limitations?? Please...explain..
So disheartening to hear people talk the way they do about the wounded.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree! What about all the fat lazy soldiers that do what they can to get non-deployable status because of a hurt toe or something. They get to stay.. and what about the ppl that have been in for like 10 years and never been deployed, they get to stay in.. I totally think curt should be allowed to stay in.. You have people like curt that have been hurt and would still deploy again if asked, and then you have all the loser rejects who cant even make it past basic training because of the stress.. Its stupid really!
ReplyDelete