So let me tell you how Curt's physical went yesterday. He said the doctor was very nice and when he walked in the room she had literally boxes of his records. She was trying to go through them before his appointment and was still going through them when she called him back. She spent about 30 minutes inputting all the info into the computer then started his head to toe physical. The main issue is, of course, his leg. She measured his scars. His longest one on the outside of his leg is 18 inches. The scar down the middle from his total knee replacement is 12 inches. And the inside scar on his leg is 14 1/2 inches. Some big ass scars! The scar on his hand is only 5 inches. She did say that Curt has flat feet. Which he has never been told before. Interesting to hear I guess. And also Curt talked to her about his "bathroom issues". She suggested he should try a gluten-free diet. Which I have been researching and omg, that would be so hard for him. No bread, no cereal really, no cakes, no pies, no BEER. He's not sure if he wants to try it yet. I told him he should try it and see if it helps his issues. We shall see I guess!!
Today was his DTAP. He thought it was boring of course and wanted to leave. Tomorrow he is heading up to Walter Reed to visit a wounded soldier. Someone who has no family or anybody really. He's doing it as a favor to a friend. He wants me to go with, but I really don't want to drag Brandon into a hospital setting like that. Kaylie either. I think going up to Ward 57 would definitely not help me either. It would bring back memories and probably..well it definitely would...shoot my anxiety way up. So I probably won't go.
I have my first appointment with my therapist September 1st. Yeah, of course I'm anxious about it. Helloooo...anxiety city right here! I'll probably want to bolt right out the door as soon as I walk in. I'll be a sweaty mess for sure and extremely nervous and emotional.
Ummm...what else??? Where having a yard sale this weekend. Hopefully we'll sell a lot of the things were trying to get rid of. It's mostly baby things. Stuff we wasted money on and NEVER used. The bottle warmer, yeah never used it, boppy, yeah, never used it, bumbo seat, yeah, rarely used it!! I could go on. We so overspent and bought way to much for Brandon. But I was so excited of course I wanted it all. :)
His swing he barely used. It's brand new! Bouncer, barely used. Ugh..what a waste!
Oh well. No more kids so no more baby stuff I guess!
That's about all :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment