This month is dragging by it seems. I don't like having a full month off of school. I feel like I have nothing to do to occupy my time. I miss it! Thankfully classes start back up next week on Monday. yay!! haha
I am really working on my career goals. My plan as of now is to finish my BA at AMU. Then if were in Georgia I plan on enrolling right away after my BA for my Master's at Columbus State. They have the Master's in School Counseling. From there I want to pursue my PhD eventually. I've been researching schools for that and so far I am undecided what route I want to take with that. Either School Psychology or Clinical Psych. Not sure yet. That is still years away I know but I like to have a game plan, which of course is always subject to change. I also want to add another certificate to my degree in Family Studies or make that a minor. Not sure yet on that either. I will be done with my Gen Ed this school year, and once I take a couple of those classes for that we'll see how I like it. Then of course I am also getting a certificate in HR. That's my fall back plan if I can't find a school that is hiring right away. I know those jobs can be competitive as psychology is an extremely competitive field.
I have to help Curt as much as possible too. Since he sucks at school--and he knows it--he needs my help a lot. We want him to finish his degree before he hits his ten year mark in 2012. That way he can go officer. They changed a bunch of the rules for OCS so we have to work hard to get him into it if he really wants to go that route.
We'll see though. He is putting OCS on his five year plan for COAD. Which were still in the med board of course. We were going over it the other day, figuring out a time line. We still think Jan'ish. His full physical is Aug 11th. After that it takes up to 30 days for the board to reach their decision. Then 15 days for record transit to the IPEB (informal physical evaluation board). They take 15 days to find him fit/unfit. THEN it is forwarded to the PDA (physical disability agency??) who take 15 days to "rate" his injuries. At that point is when we file for COAD. From there it takes up to 30-45 days to get approved and get orders. So yeah, we think were looking at January.
Another thing that was brought up is that we still need to pick 3 locations. They will try the hardest to get your 1st choice but if that becomes unavailable or they can't find him a slot at Benning we need two other choices. So we picked Hawaii and Fort Campbell. Regardless we will end up PCSing at least one more time his AW2 rep said. Which doesn't matter even if we buy a house, we'll still keep it and just rent it out for that time. Lots of people do it. We're still keeping our fingers tightly crossed for Benning. I mean it is highly likely we WILL get Benning, but there is always that chance. So something for us to keep in mind.
As of now we are still going ahead with the house. We don't know if its best to wait or go ahead and start till we actually get cut orders (which we probably will wait). The house takes 4 months to build at least so if we waited were looking at renting till the house is ready. It would suck to have to move again..and especially on our own dime...but that is probably the best option.
Anywhoo! So were still in limbo, still have no idea of our future. Story of our lives since 2007. It sucks. I am trying my best to love this area. But I just can't. I hate it. I am working on accepting were here for awhile longer. I miss my friends. I miss Columbus. I miss doing things. We have no one here. Not a single family we hang out with. Everyone we met before and kind of hung out with has moved already, our new neighbors...well she turned out to be crazy. It just sucks. I think it sucks worse for Curt because he literally has no one to talk to.
At least I have friends I call and chat with and text pretty frequently and I also have my sister and mom I talk to almost daily. Curt doesn't have that. He is so lonely. The friends he had in Columbus are deployed for the most part, and everyone else he knows never texts him back or answers his calls. Makes me sad to see him like that. He is desperate for interaction from anyone. As am I sometimes. It sucks.
I still haven't called and made my appointment for counseling. Of course, its because I'm scared about it. I'm scared that I won't like the counselor or feel comfortable enough with them to really open up and let it all out. We'll see. That's all I'm get into with that.
We're probably gonna head out of town this weekend. We're gonna either go to the beach or to Shenandoah Valley and see the Caverns. I definitely want to do both before we leave here!! Other than that. We live boring, monotonous lives.
Making me depressed! I can't wait for school to start for Kaylie and girl scouts to start. Finally get out of this house and hopefully meet some fabulous ladies this year in both Kaylie's class and in scouts. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment