Monday, August 30, 2010
Life can change in an instant
We are having a family emergency as I type. I don't want to get into details yet because it is still fresh and new and our family is still processing what happened and coping with what is going down. I flew home immediately on Thursday to be there and it absolutely broke my heart and hurt me to the core to get back on that plane to come home. I wish I was still there. I wish I could take all the pain away and all the confusion, hurt, and anger. This has been a long time coming and I am glad that now it is getting taken care of. It will be a long rode to recovery and mental health but I am proud of my family for taking the right steps even if they second guessed what they did to help my family member in need. I am glad I got to visit my family member before I left which helped. I'm glad that she is on the right path now and hope that one day she will know this is what is best for her and this is the sign of ultimate love. Life can change so fast. I don't ever want to take it for granted. And I do, we all do until something like this happens to give you a slap in the face. Hug your loved ones a little closer today and remember to tell them how much they mean to you and how much you love them....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sending you a big virtual hug!!! I hope that everything works out for the best and your family member recovers both in both and spirit!
ReplyDelete