Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ramblings

Today was Kaylie's open house at school. We got to meet her teacher who is young and seemed like she is going to be a great teacher for Kaylie. This is only her third year teaching, so yes, she's young..younger than me by far hahaha. I think that has pros and cons of course. But overall I am happy about her teacher and think Kaylie will enjoy 2nd grade.

I'm still getting back into the swing of things here. Last week was extremely tense and very emotional. I'm glad that the "worst" is over and my sister's family can begin to take the baby steps forward to make their situation better. They definitely have a long road ahead of them, but it must start somewhere and I'm very happy that things are starting to look up just a bit for that very fragile situation. My heart still aches for them as they have many issues that need to be dealt with, but I'm glad they are taking the steps needed to get there and get my niece and the whole family in better shape and have better relationships. It's been a long time coming....and that is the end of that topic as its a private family matter...

Anywhoo...so I'm still getting into the swing of things and I'm getting very nervous and anxiety ridden about Girl Scouts starting up. I almost have panic attacks thinking about it somedays. It's annoying. I got my binder out so I can go over the first parent meeting and also my first four troop meetings and start getting things ready for that. I feel like I'm starting to pile on too much at times, even though I know its not. I'm in the middle of two classes right now and start another class this coming Monday. So my class load is increasing. I've never taken three classes at once, so I'm nervous about that and also nervous about getting all my work done for school, getting Kaylie comfortable and adjusted to a new school year, starting Brownie's, and also volunteering to help out in Kaylie's class when I can. It's good though, and I know everything will be fine...its just me and my stupid mind that thinks irrationally at times. :)

I can't believe Brandon is going to be ONE next month. In one month in two days he will have his first birthday. Makes me sad. They do grow up so fast. Still feels like Kaylie should be four or five and just starting kindergarten, not second grade!! I turn 30 in a few months as well. Which is awful. hahaha. I don't like getting older! I want to be in my twenties forever. :(

I'm getting our outfits together for fall pictures. I found a great army wife photographer who does really, really good work. I want to change it up and not do the same old christmas pictures like we have done every frikin' year. So we're gonna hopefully do them next month in early October and do them at a gorgeous outdoor location close to the Potomac. Should be pretty with the fall leaves in the background. So I'm excited about that.

Umm....what else....nothing new with Curt. No news on the med board front. Still waiting on the NARSUM and all that. So nothing new to report there.
September is just a busy month with birthdays for a lot of my family including my mom, sister, sister in law, and two nieces, not even counting friends. Our anniversary is the 13th. And many girl scout meetings and service unit meetings and back to school nights at the elementary school. Looking at my calendar there is something written almost every single day! So this month should fly by. Which is good. One more month closer to getting the heck out of dodge! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment