It does. Whoever's idea it was to go home was out of their mind. We left on Friday the 25th around 230 in the afternoon. The first day of driving was fine. No problems. We spent the night in Akron, Ohio and left the next morning. That day was awful. Brandon had had it in the car. We had to stop at my sisters house to drop off my brother so he could get his car. We ended up getting stuck in traffic in Chicago for TWO HOURS. That was a nightmare...Kaylie had to pee and started to cry, we were in deadlock traffic. We finally found a bathroom to take a break at and finally made it to my sisters about half an hour later. Then we had another four hours to go to my moms house in Iowa. That last four hours was stressful beyond belief. Brandon cried for almost two hours before he finally fell asleep. We got to my moms house at around 10 that night.
It was nice to see my grandma. My BIL came out from IL and him and Curt painted my grandma's living room for her. It looks soooo much better in there!!! That visit was pretty boring. Nothing to really do in small town Manchester. Kaylie played on the slip n slide. We rode bikes, had a campfire, little town things. I got mad one night because at one point my mom was gone doing something at some ladies house and my stepdad was at his friends house. I did not come visit after two years for me to sit in the damn house by MYSELF. I was pissed. So I let them know that when they got back. Our last day there I finally got to go shooting. That was fun! I'm thinking of taking it up now actually since I shot so good.
We left for my sisters house on the 30th. Got out there and had pretty good visit. Saw Curt's family. Had a BBQ at the lake then went up to Racine and saw my friend Liz and her family. Fourth of July was fabulous. Took my nieces to the mall and let them buy anything they wanted for their birthdays in the next few weeks. Curt went to Great America with his brother. I went and saw Eclipse twice haha once with all us girls and then me and curt. Just an overall great time in IL.
Got home yesterday and am so glad to be back.
Classes for me and Curt start again Aug 2nd. Brandon has his nine month checkup and one shot tomorrow. It's hot here. Our a/c wasn't working when we got home it was 90 degrees in here. They fixed it fast though so that was a plus. 105 today with the heat index. Ick.
Curt's full physical exam with the VA got cancelled the doctor is on vacation or something. Which is a major setback. Ugh!!! The next available appt was Sept 3rd!! Ridiculous. He called his PEBLO to see if there was anything he could do to get a better appt so now its scheduled for Aug 11th. Thank God. September is too far off to wait. I want out of here!!!
Thats my quick update. Sorry its not detailed or anything. I got a lot to do today!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment