We had a pretty good Easter. We went down to the river and had a picnic then I made a ham, roasted potatoes, and stuffing for dinner. Nice and simple. I got so sunburned though down at the river. It actually hurts to the touch, even my shirt and even if I try to raise my arms above my head. It sucks!! It's my own fault though because I had brought the sunblock with us, but of course did not put any on myself. So now I have to deal with the consequences of that. Stupid me. Ugh.
Anyway, today was the Easter Egg Roll at the White House. I didn't really want to go from the beginning but I told Curt sure anyway. I don't like crowds and tons of people around and I knew it was going to be crazy busy. I mean 30,000 people got tickets to this thing, thats way too many people in one area at a time. So we went.
I was nervous anyway because it was 88 degrees today, not a cloud in the sky and here I am already burnt to a crisp! I actually chose to wear a long sleeve cardigan today. So I was scared of burning myself more, but at least this time I remembered to slather the sunblock on. :)
We took the train up to there of course. And I knew Brandon was going to be crabby as well since he stayed up late last night talking in his crib until about ten. And then was up at 7:30 this morning. I knew he was gonna be cranky with us being out and hot and ready for a nap. So we get there finally and of course we have to stand in a long line in the sun with zero shade around. ugh...I was ready to leave before we even got in.
We get in and we are all huddled up like cattle in a line and Brandon is screaming his head off, I'm starting to get anxious because one) its hot; two) wayyy too many people three) Brandon won't stop crying.
I think it was because there was so many people around it made him freak out. Plus he was tired and cranky. We didn't do much while we were there, took a couple pictures with some characters and then walked around a bit, finally left around one. Then we had to take the long walk back to the metro and the long train ride home. We didn't get home till 3. I was so cranky.
I learned my lesson though. I mean I feel bad that I always rush us out of events like this. But I seriously cannot stand the crowds. I have panic attacks. At one point it was so crowded I felt like I couldn't breathe. So many people congregated in one area of the lawn. Eek!! Anxiety attack waiting to happen for a high strung individual like me. I will never attempt to go to some crazy event like that again. It's too much for me.
Sometimes I think I would love to move to a small town where there are no crowds like that at all. I mean even the malls here can get so crowded you can't even walk. It's not fun to go out to places around here because of that!!! Man I can't wait to move.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
maybe you really should move to a small town! cities do get sooo crowded, i agree. the older i get, the more i hate the crowds. i use to LOVE them. ALTHOUGH, with little kids, everything is just that much harder and that much more stressful!
ReplyDelete