Sunday, September 12, 2010

Busy Bee!

I have been so busy since school started. I had my first service unit meeting last Wednesday. That's all the girl scout leaders on Fort Belvoir. We have a meeting once a month. It was pretty cool. Met a lot of new faces. We'll see if any of us become friends. :)

Kaylie loves school of course. Her teacher's name is Miss Spunzo. She is really nice. I liked her instantly. She's a pretty new teacher. This is only her third year teaching. So she's a young buck. Definitely makes me feel really old haha. We have her back to school night tomorrow and I am at the Girl Scout table helping get new girl scouts for all our troops. I'm excited to help out in that way. Back to School nights are Monday and Tuesday so I have that going on those days. I am getting all my paperwork together and getting things ready for my first meetings. Kinda nervous about it. I really hope someone else steps up and wants to help with my troop. I need a co-leader desperately.

I feel like I have way too much on my plate. I have three classes going on myself right now for school. My work load has increased a lot, and on top of making sure I get all my homework done I have girl scouts and taking care of my house and kids! I don't know how a full time career woman balances all that. I don't know how my sister balances babysitting, taking care of her own kids..all SIX of them, takes care of the house, AND leads THREE girl scout troops AND the vista. She's insane.
Hopefully soon I'll find a niche and be able to balance it all, but right now I'm still getting used to having more things to do on top of my normal things. It'll work out though I'm sure.

We have our fall pictures set up to be photographed on Oct 3rd. I'm really excited about that. This is the first time ever we are doing photos outside and the first time I am leaning away from the traditional Xmas thing. I want something new and fresh! I love this photographers work. She is very creative and I love her pictures. We are going to a park that has old civil war bunkers as well. It will be so pretty with the fall leaves in the background. :)
Now I am on the prowl for outfits. I want us all in a different color, I want to offset the leaves so I'm looking at dark purples, olives, browns, and gray. I'm so excited and hope it turns out fantastic!

Anywhoo. No news on the med board front yet. Curt signs his commanders letter on Monday. Another step down. Still waiting on the NARSUM. Who knows when they will get that done. Now its just a waiting game. Waiting on paperwork. Story of the army. Curt extended his contract by nine months last week. His ETS date was supposed to be Nov 9Th. Now its Aug 2011. But of course he's staying in so that doesn't matter. But since you can't reenlist in the med board we have to wait.

When he reenlists he is transferring his GI bill to me. I plan on using it to get my master's. I haven't decided yet what school I will go to. It will be either Columbus State or Auburn. I'll research it more seriously once I am in my senior year. I won't be done with my BA for awhile yet so nothing I want to worry myself with and stress out about now.

Yesterday we had a horrible day. Curt went to Six Flags with two friends and ended up losing the car keys on a roller coaster. I was pissed. One our car key would be three hundred dollars to replace since its a key less remote, our house key is 50 bucks to replace. Plus Our mailbox key and my girl scout hut key was on there. I was LIVID.I had to drive all the way up there to give him the spare key and drive all the way home. It was an hour and a half round trip. No fun. Especially at B's nap time! Thankfully when we called up to the park this morning the keys had been turned in so Curt went up there to get them now. What a huge relief! But our car tire also has a screw in it. So were gonna need a new tire probably. I don't know how that happened. That car is only a year old and in no way does it need a new tire. I hate when stuff like that happens.


That's my quick update. I'm busy so I don't have time to sit and empty my thoughts onto my blog. I wish I did! But B's napping and I need to get stuff done while he is sleeping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment