Well, its official. We will be arriving in Hawaii in exactly 31 days. I am nervous as hell, stressed out, and excited all at the same time.
We turned in our paperwork from our EFMP screening last Friday and we had our amended orders on Tuesday. That was really fast! Basically it took one day to get command sponsorship done. Curt was busy yesterday trying to see if he could change his mandatory court date for his ticket. The guy from JAG called back yesterday and said it won't be a problem. Just bring in a copy of our orders and our scheduled move date and he will dismiss the court appearance. So that is a plus.
Yesterday we also scheduled our move. It's all done online now (which is a HUGE pain). We spent three long hours trying to schedule it. It was ridiculous, I was about ready to pull my hair out or beat my head against the wall. First off you can only use Internet Explorer and only Vista, XP, or Windows 7 or 8. No firefox, google chrome, and it doesn't support macintosh. We couldn't get past the certificate errors so I finally ended up just downloading every single certificate availabe to access the site. hahaha That is finally what works. Then a part of the site keeps freezing and I finally tell Curt to call the help desk. They were able to help us navigate past that by increasing our zoom to 150% from 100%. Why the zoom makes a difference I have no idea, but it worked. We finally finished setting up the move.
And its stupid to set it up online anyway, when Curt had to go into the transportation office to turn in the paperwork anyway. Whatever. We just do as we are told. So the movers are scheduled for Nov 21 and 22nd. We have our housing preinspection on Nov 14th and final out Nov 28th. We will be flying out on the 29th. We'll be in a hotel for Thanksgiving, fun times eh!
Now the fun begins. Time to throw down on the house and get rid of everything we are not bringing. I also have to call Island Pet Movers and give them the exact date for Katy. She will be flying out the day before us on the 28th. Oy!!
Madness is about to ensue!
Now the fun begins. Time to throw down on the house and get rid of everything we are not bringing. I also have to call Island Pet Movers and give them the exact date for Katy. She will be flying out the day before us on the 28th. Oy!!
Madness is about to ensue!
Wow, sounds like you are about to have a lot on your plate! But paradise is worth it, I guess, right? lol?
ReplyDelete