Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Update

Curt talked to branch today and got our report date pushed back to Feb 1st. That is such a huge relief because we have been stressing out big time trying to get everything done. The only thing we have left to do is our overseas screening. I have been in contact with this lady since last Friday. She called and verified our information and said she would call back to schedule our appointment. Well, she never called back. So Monday I called her back again and talked to her, she said she would get back to me to schedule our appointment...and once again never did. So this morning I called her AGAIN, she didn't answer this time but I left her a message. Lo and behold, she has NOT called back. I am so frustrated. I mean, I get that she is a busy lady. She is the only EFMP screener in this area, so I can only imagine the volume of people she is working with. But its still frustrating.

So now that the report date is pushed back we can relax a little. We are still gonna push to be out of here in the first couple weeks of December if we can. As long as we can get our screening done. After that it's just waiting on paper orders to come through. So keeping our fingers crossed that we can schedule our appointments soon, orders will be cut about two weeks after that and get things rolling as far as scheduling the movers and the shipping of my car, and clearing housing, etc..
Most stressful move EVER! hahaha
But will be totally worth it! :)

Finally got the truck settlement today and spent an hour on the phone going over it all. I was shocked when he told us how much we are getting for the loss. It's more than even what we were gonna sell it for!! So that is a huge relief and a huge bonus!! We mail the title off tomorrow to the salvage company and we will have a very nice nest egg to lease or buy a car once we get to Hawaii. Right now we are looking at a truck, either the Ram or the F-150. If not either of those, we are looking at the Acadia as an SUV. We have time to go out and see what we like so no rush. We aren't moving for about a month and a half anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment