Saturday, October 15, 2011

Time is ticking

We had our levy briefing last Thursday. Everything is all in motion now! Overseas screening is this coming week for the kids are I, then we should get our amended orders within two weeks. I hope that holds true, because we are seriously in a time crunch! We have to ship our car out of Baltimore which isn't too far away. We just have to figure out when we want to do that since we no longer have two vehicles we will most def have to get a rental car. We have decided to lease a car over in Hawaii while we are there so that will be one of the first things we do once we arrive. After talking to some friends who have PCSd there recently and one who is moving there in the next few weeks I have gotten some good advice. I called and booked our hotel room for when we arrive. I told them Nov 28th which is the day we are really trying to fly out on. We will give our notice to housing on Monday with some wiggle room for when we actually get to schedule the movers. This is seriously so stressful and yet exciting. They did say Curt's truck was totaled so that is a weight off of our shoulders. We will get a check for the value of the vehicle and call it a day. It will be a loss though, because we won't get as much as we would have selling it in a private party sale. It will probably be half of what we would have got. Sigh....
I am kind of getting sad to leave though. I have met an awesome new friend over the past couple weeks. We just clicked when we met at the park and she happens to live only five houses down from me. We also hang out with our new neighbors right across the street. We had them all over for a cookout last weekend and had a blast. It was soooo nice to be around people again. I am sad to leave my awesome new friends I have made. We are both so sad about me leaving now. I even asked her today while we were out shopping "where have you been the past year??" LOL
We have been neighbors for a year and are just now meeting. It's sad when you meet great people like that and then one of us is leaving. :(
I seriously think making good friends is the key to enjoying a duty station when the military sends you somewhere new. I have been miserable here for so long and I know its because we have had no friends here. And now here we are having fun again and hanging out and bam, we will leave.
At least I am heading to a place where we have good friends already which is a huge plus. It will make it easier to leave now! Plus its Hawaii, helloooo LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment