Monday, July 11, 2011

Quick rambling

Well, we are finally back from visiting back home. We were there for two weeks which is just way too long. It was nice seeing everyone, but I hate running around trying to fit everybody into two weeks. It's virtually impossible. Brandon did so good on the car rides there and back. I was really impressed with him! Makes me feel better about our upcoming long plane ride to Hawaii!!
While we were in Iowa Brandon had a fever one night. His temp was 103 and then it was 105. So we took him to the ER. One thing I love about my mom's small town is we were in and out of the ER in 30 minutes! No waiting for hours just to be seen. Same at Walmart. You can get in and out very quickly. It was so nice! Anyway, they ended up saying he was just teething at the ER. He had a fever for two and a half days. So our trip to Iowa was pretty much spent indoors at my moms. It put a damper on a lot of our plans.
We spent the next week at my sisters house in Illinois. We went to Six Flags the first day we were there, which was so fun! I love roller coasters and will seriously miss amusement parks once we leave the mainland. :(
Other than that we visited Curt's family and got to see some old friends. We had a pretty chill time.
Now that we are back its time to get crackin' on this house. I want to go through everything and prepare for yard sales next month. I want to get rid of a lot of junk I don't need and don't want to cart with me across the ocean. I feel we have so much to do and so little time!
We are gonna sell Curt's truck we decided. We'll buy a used car once we get over there. I also am very worried about Katy and getting her stuff together and also getting our command sponsorship stuff done. Since Dewitt is closing in a few weeks and the new Fort Belvoir Community Hospital is opening, appointments are very hard to get. There is a long wait just for an appointment. I'm nervous about all this.
I am terrified of this move and a big part of me wants to back out and just move back to Georgia. But since we have to move one more time we are gonna get it over with now and then settle and buy a house and call it a day. I look forward to that day the most. I am so ready to be settled and have stability. It's only about three years away....
I have a lot on my mind...but I will save that for another day. I have laundry to finish and bathrooms to scrub.

No comments:

Post a Comment