Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer begins!

Today was the last day of school for Kaylie. I officially have a 3rd grader now. Wow, I'm getting old. We are heading to Iowa and Illinois next Monday for two weeks. This will be our last trip home to see everyone before we move to Hawaii. I'm sad about that in many ways. Especially when it comes to mine and Curt's grandmothers. They both are not doing well, so it worries me that they will pass away while we are over there. :(
I can't wait to get home and see them both. The first week will be spent in Iowa at my moms then we will head to my sisters for the next week to see her and Curt's family. I am looking forward to seeing my sister and her brood because I know it is not in the cards for them to make it out to Hawaii to visit. So I won't see her for awhile. That will be hard too with the time change, because she is my best friend and we talk multiple times a day on the phone and that will have to change once we move. The time difference is huge.
Other than that we have no other plans for the summer besides preparing for our move. I intend to document it in full with plenty of pictures of course. I'm so nervous yet excited to get this going. We have awhile though, we won't be heading over until the end of September/early October.
I'm ready for summer. We love to BBQ and go swimming so we look forward to doing that. I am really looking forward to the kids getting to spend quality time with our families as well. Kaylie loves her cousins and will have a blast. I'm anxious to see how Brandon is going to do at my sisters crazy house. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment