Thursday, July 14, 2011

What is so hard????

Last night we threw down on Kaylie's room. It was such a mess!! This is not the first time we have been on her for keeping her room clean. So last night after Brandon's bath I walked in her room and said "this is absolutely disgusting in here, we are cleaning this out NOW". We threw away THREE garbage bags full of JUNK. I mean I swear this kid is like a hoarder or something. She keeps everything. She keeps TRASH. Then she starts to cry when I want to throw it away because she wants it. Is this a problem????
She keeps everything from scraps of paper, to broken pencils, to plastic wrap from toys, to happy meal boxes. It's a bit ridiculous. So we threw away a LOT of stuff last night. She wasn't happy with it, but her room is actually clean now! I dusted it, I vacuumed (after we had to pull out her bed, dresser, and amoire because she had soooo much JUNK just shoved under all three of those things!) and organized her books and movies. All her movies were out of the cases and just thrown around. It was sad. I told her how her room needs to look like this every night before she goes to bed, whatever is left on the floor I will throw away. Everything has its place and that is where it needs to be. We'll see how long this lasts this time! I give it another day before I have to go in there and pick stuff up and throw it away! She won't learn the easy way, so I'm about to teach her the hard way!

Brandon is still not talking and I am still worried about it. When he goes to his two year checkup I am going to voice these concerns to his doctor and probably get him into speech therapy. I think he should at least be saying more than one word (he says Mom and thats it). Other than that he is doing so good. I must say he keeps me very busy and on my toes at all times.
I think now that I have a younger child again my anxiety level is so much higher. Since Curt got hurt I have dealt with anxiety issues but now add another child into the mix, it has made me almost insane.
I swear sometimes I am borderline psycho when it comes to my kids and their safety. Everyone back home was calling me out on how neurotic and paranoid I am about Brandon and where he is. It seriously even drives ME crazy. I hate this. I hate feeling out of control. I think its time to go back to the doctor and get some different medicine. I don't think what I have now is really working for me.
I feel like I can't relax when we are out. I am fine when we are home, but once we go somewhere I get extremely anxious and just can't wait to get back to my safe haven. Why does this happen? What is causing this? These are questions I struggle to answer everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment