Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What's next?

So, at this point in time I have no idea what is going on. We belive we are going to lose the house. We cannot get financing because of Curt's ETS date. They cannot approve it, since he was in the medical board and they look at that like he is getting out. They need solid proof he is staying in. Well...that won't come for another month. We are supposed to close March 15th. Ain't gonna happen. We seriously doubt the builder will extend the contract again. He did it once with a bunch of hee-hawing about it. He will more than likely put it on the market. And since our contract extension was contingent on financing we lose our 2 grand we put up as earnest money. It is the MOST frustrating thing.

At this point we don't even WANT to go back to Georgia anymore. Pretty soon we are supposed to sit down with the COAD branch manager. We will see what is out there for him and if there is nothing else interesting at any place we want to go, well, then we'll just go back to Benning anyway. Probably either get an apartment or live on post while we house hunt again. By then he will have no medical board over us and his ETS date won't be less than a year out, since those are the problems we are having. If we would've known this beforehand we would have NEVER started the process that early.

We are just burnt out. It has been one of the most stressful things ever. I wish I could take it all back! It sucks we are losing soooo much money. Money we could still have!!! Ugh. I guess the only good thing is that it kind of relieves me of the little inklings I had about Phenix City. I have never been 100% comfortable buying a house there. I prefer Columbus. So that makes me feel a tad better. I mean it was a gorgeous house. I love it to death. But a part of me has always wished we would have stayed in Columbus.

So where we are going from here, I don't know. I'm lost right now.........
What will be, will be, and what happens,happens. Maybe one day I can look back and say it was a blessing in disguise. Right now...I'm just really upset we lost that money! haha

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, I am so SORRY to hear this. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. As hard as it is, and id struggle with it too, you should just sit back and relax and let things happen. Right now you live in a really nice house and kailey is in school just across the street. Since everything is really out of your hands anyway you should just let it happen. See whats available for curt and go from there. Everything happens for a reason and maybe you werent suppose to have that house. I think if you guys get to pcs to one more place before benning you will get a lot more out of the military. If its somewhere like Hawaii I dont think you will ever regret it. Im glad ive seen so many places.I know i want to live in columbus but that doesnt take back the fact ive enjoyed seeing all these other states! It will all work out, and maybe we can be neighbors in Hawaii! lol

    ReplyDelete