Sometimes I feel like this will never end. I know Curt's med board is done now, but here we are waiting on COAD. I mean it won't be too much longer now. His packet is done at PDA (Physical Disability Agency) and is now at HRC. I don't see why it has to go through both agencies. It should just go straight to HRC since the Army G-1 is the authority over COAD for AW2 (army wounded warriors) soldiers. All AW2 soldiers who have applied for COAD have gotten approved, which is good to know. It makes you feel better knowing they are at 100% approval rate. I just hate that everything is sooo slow and always involves so much paperwork.
So now he has to get a packet together to send to HRC. He has to get 3 letters and some other stuff (like awards called NCOer's or something). Hopefully soon we will be able to sit down with the COAD branch manager and discuss options. At this point we know we will be losing the house. It will go back on the market April 1st. I am fine with it. It just sucks we wasted so much money!!
I'm excited to see where we could go from here. Benning is definitely not my first choice anymore. That place has caused me so much stress the past few months. Even though it has the best career options for Curt, we are going to see what else is out there. If nothing else tickles his fancy, well then I guess we will just have to suck it up and stick with Benning anyway. We have decided we are not telling anybody anything until we get concrete information from now on. I would hate to risk telling everybody we are heading somewhere or doing something and then it not work out. Makes you feel like an idiot for getting excited about something that could potentially not happen. So our motto from now on is to stay silent on the matter of what is going on as far as decisions we are in the process of making or thinking about.
Rest assured as soon as we know anything 100% for certain, I will be spreading the word. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i have the same problem... seems whenever i get realllly excited about something, and tell people, it falls through. and i agree, it does make you feel like an idiot! :(
ReplyDeletebut in reality, that's just life, i guess!
i'm sorry things are so uncertain for you guys! how rotten! :( hope things get better sooner, rather than later!!!!