It's weird to say that because it's It only July 28th. But school starts on Monday so really, it's the end of summer as far as summer break is concerned. I didn't do much this summer. I'm kind of disappointed in myself for that. I wanted to take the kids to do stuff and I really didn't. Oh, well. There is always next summer!
Kaylie is starting 4th grade. Her teacher seems really nice so that makes me happy. She got a tooth pulled earlier this week in preparation for her braces that are going on this week. She is getting braces only on the bottom right now to correct her sideways tooth. She is estimated to have them on for 8-12 months. Not too bad. Brandon is still not potty trained, which is frustrating for me. I wanted him potty trained before school started again. I guess he has a different plans than that, because he is not interested in the potty at all. Bummer! At least we broke him of the "pie" fairly easy. Only one night of crying then he was golden! We haven't looked back since. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.
My brother, his girlfriend, and my niece are coming out in two weeks. I am so excited for that! I am looking forward to having a piece of home for awhile. It will feel good and maybe relieve some of the homesickness I have been feeling. And I really can't wait to show them this beautiful island!!
So Curt's new plans are to get out of the army after this enlistment is up. That means we won't leave Hawaii until June 2015 if he doesn't reenlist. This is a three year tour which is supposed to over Dec 2014, but they won't PCS (move) you unless you have at least a year left on your contract. That will obviously not be us. I am hoping he will change his mind (and I'm sure he will more than once) and decides to stay in.
Other than that, its been a pretty boring couple weeks since my last blog! Gonna go and enjoy our last weekend before school on Monday. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment