Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Planning

So our first 4th here in Hawaii was okay. Nothing spectacular. We had a few friends over and we cooked, hung out, then walked over a few blocks to see the fireworks. Worst fireworks show I have ever seen. I decided that night we would go downtown next year to see the show, so the next morning I booked a room at the Hale Koa (military resort only) for a night. Yes, I am that crazy!

This past weekend we went out to Turtle Bay and loved that area and resort. Our 10 year wedding anniversary is in a couple months and I thought it would be nice to get a room at the little beach cottages they have to celebrate that and spend time as a family. But sadly they are booked :(  Too bad too because they are really nice!!
So I ended up booking us an oceanfront suite at the Hilton Hawaiian in Waikiki for the weekend. Should be a nice way to celebrate our 10 years. I was debating on renewing our vows so we could have a "real" wedding. But, really, after I thought about I though there is no point. Its more for the experience of just having a wedding, and  we are past that. I don't need it. I might not have had the dress, but I was married by a minister in a church. So I would rather spend time with my family enjoying what we have accomplished over our thirteen years together total. Of course it is every girls dream to have "the dress," but that's not for me anymore. Five years ago, I wanted that and even got the David's Bridal books to shop for a dress. But after we moved here and I thought "oh yeah we will be in Hawaii for our 10 year, and vow renewal on the beach," I really thought about it and decided against it. Maybe I'll change my mind at our 15 or 20 year anniversary.  So we will have a quiet family weekend with our family downtown in our ocean front suite with two lanais for our ten year. :)

I am also a year and a half away from graduating with my BA. That is, as long as I stay on track and take no more long breaks. I was talking to my brother the other day about graduate school and I have already started researching prerequisites for the schools I am more than likely going to be applying at. Of course this will all be dependent on where the military takes us after we leave here. Obviously I won't have enough time to complete my Master's here unless we extend and I don't want to do that. Three years is long enough for me here. So I have looked at Columbus State University, Troy University, and Auburn University so far. That is dependent on if (crossing fingers) we do go back to GA after here. It will more than likely be one of three places if Curt doesn't reclass to a career counselor.
If he doesn't he has three options he is looking at. Either Benning to be an instructor, back to Belvoir to work at PEO again, or Colorado to do WCAP. The last one is the one that is least likely. If he does reclass to a CC, we could really go anywhere. It might not be up to us. So we will see.

My brother and niece are coming in 35 days. I am so excited! I have been planning an itinerary for them while they are here. I just want to have an idea of what I want to show them and not so much follow it to a tee. It's just to have a plan in my mind. I'm so excited to have family come and visit. I miss them!

I am also going to be planning a birthday party for Kaylie at least this year. Brandon has yet to have a party, and Kaylie has only had one party. I don't see the need to have a party every single year, I think it can become too excessive and needless and they are already spoiled rotten, and I don't want my kids to grow up thinking they are entitled to anything, including a birthday party every single year. I grew up with only one birthday party. My sister never had any, and my brother had one...for his first birthday. I don't know. Birthdays have never been that big of a deal to me. I think a birthday party every now and then is fine, especially "milestone" birthdays. So since this year, Kaylie is turning ten, I am going to have a party. Probably at the bowling alley or whatever she wants. Brandon, is still iffy if we will. My mom and stepdad will be out here that week for their vacation so we will see about that one. I might wait until next year and have a party for his golden birthday. :)

The rest of the year is going to fly by! School is starting in just a few more weeks. Then everyone will be visiting, I have birthdays galore coming up the rest of the year after August (thanks to my sister for having so many damn kids with birthdays! haha) then it will be the holidays again along with the end of our first year in paradise. So far, so good! Loving Hawaii! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment