So first things first. I am getting so excited about moving. I know I am just gonna love Hawaii, regardless what everyone tells me thats negative, I feel it could be just what we need! I enjoy weather like that and just feel its going to be awesome. I mean, I know it won't be all sunshine and rainbows, I get that, but I am ready for the opportunity of a lifetime and will take the bad in stride and let the good outweigh the bad. I think that is the only way to go into it!
I am worried about the school situation though. Everyone I talk to, from my aunt (who works for the company who puts out all the standardized tests for each state), to Kaylie's teacher, other teachers at the school, her doctor, and the nurse, they all said "watch the schools, watch the school system, stay on top of her schooling". This is my biggest concern. It is totally going to suck coming from here where they have the fifth best school district in the nation, to one of the worst. I am very concerned, but I think if I stay on top of it and see the difference in the quality of education I can and will supplement. I am just grateful that Kaylie has already been through four years of schooling from pre-k up and I know where she should be in learning and what she needs to work on. I am glad I have five family members who are teachers (one 3rd grade) who can help me out with what HI is going to lack. Other than the school concern, I have no other issues with moving. I'm just ready to get this show on the road!!
So 9/11 was a few days ago, and it was a hard day for me. Watching the attacks unfold is always hard for anybody, but this year I tried to reflect on "what is" and not "what was". My family has been affected by 9/11 and my husband will forever bear the scars on his body and in both of our minds from that day. Because of 9/11 my husband was injured. Because of 9/11 my husband went to war with a country that had nothing to do with the attacks. And not only once, not twice, but three times he went back. Because of that, our lives will never be as they were. It has changed us both mentally and has scarred my husband physically.
In our time here I have never thought about going to the Pentagon and paying my respects to the 9/11 memorial there. We are going to do that this week. It's a must. My heart pulls me to New York too. I want to visit the WTC site so bad. I feel as an American it is important for me to go and deal with my own emotions and events that stemmed from that day that has affected my life so deeply. I can see myself sitting up there at the reflecting pools all day. I know this is something that means a lot to me and is important to me-- and for me-- to go to the Pentagon and the WTC and Shanksville to pay my respects and deal with my own emotions. I am hoping it will help me heal. That is one of my top goals in life. To heal myself mentally and accept what has happened. I am ready for the healing process to begin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment