So we have started the moving process. Finally!!! We have our levy briefing on Oct 13th and as soon as Curt's S1 signs our paperwork we can go to our overseas screening. We are definitely going to be in a time crunch because his report date is Dec 1st and all the paperwork can be expected to take 2-4 weeks. I'm hoping its quick. The lady I talked to on the phone today said it should be quick so I guess we shall see. This is the most stressful part. Planning the move and picking dates. I don't want to speculate on dates until we get command sponsorship done, and we can't even schedule anything until that is done anyway. So we have no exact dates yet as far as when we will be clearing here and heading on over to paradise. :)
We really need to get on the ball and start going through stuff room by room and especially the garage. Maybe that is what we will do this weekend since its supposed to be cold and windy. Just stay inside and throw down on what we want to get rid of and what we want to take with us. I am getting so excited and am so ready for this new adventure. I must admit though I am nervous too. We are moving very far away and that is scary!
We also got bad news today about my grandma. She is not doing too well. In fact they have found two masses in her CAT scan that "might" be cancer on her pancreas and stomach. Not good news. She is very old and frail so I know chemo is not an option. She had a triple bypass a few years ago and her heart doctor wants to do some procedure to shock her heart back into rhythm which is also scary. I get nervous with that going on too. When my grandma dies I will be a wreck. She is the epitome of what a grandma should be. She is one of my biggest role models and one of the kindest, sweetest, most endearing person I know. Her death will be very hard for my family. I'm glad I have so many good memories to hold on to growing up. She has never said a bad word about anyone in her life, she always looks for the good in people and she is the glue that is holding our family together. I pray she doesn't pass away while we are over in Hawaii, because I know I would be the only one able to come back to the mainland for her funeral.
Curt's grandma is not doing well either. In fact when we were home this summer she had gotten so skinny. She used to be big and plump and looks exactly like Mrs. Claus. Well...not anymore! She was skin and bones. It is soooo sad. It actually made Curt cry to see her like that.
But I know we can't live our lives waiting for our grandmas to die, so we must get on with life. I would absolutely LOVE to go see my grandma one more time before we move. I really would.
Anywhoo...on another note I gave up pop two days ago. I didn't last long. I ran out this morning and got a mountain dew. I tried, I really did, but I had a headache for those two days. Curt said its all in my head, but I seriously can't just cut it out cold turkey like that. Caffeine is addictive and I would rather drink mountain dew than coffee. ick! Mt. Dew IS my coffee in the morning!
And we finally made it to the Pentagon memorial last weekend. It was everything I expected it to be! It was beyond moving to stand in the spot where so many people had lost their lives. I could have sat there for hours and just reflected on it. Life sure is crazy! It is amazing to realize how quickly it can change. Definitely makes me hug my husband and kids a little tighter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment