Sunday, June 6, 2010

What to do, what to do, that is the question!

So we got pre-approved for our mortgage! yay!!! We got pre-approved thru USAA first for $188990. More than what the house we want is worth. We also are getting approved through Wells Fargo. I was told to get approved through two different lenders so they can be competitive. Also, USAA has a program called Movers Advantage where if you use one of there preferred lenders you get cash back which happens to be Coldwell Banker (kpdk). For us it would be $950.
But if we use one of the builders preferred lenders they help pay some or all of the closing costs. And one of the preferred lenders for Bill the builder (haha) is Wells Fargo, not USAA. We are supposed to get our approval letter from them tomorrow Tammy said. I also want to work with Erickson realty (his preferred realtor) and not kpdk.

Our builder is Grayhawk Homes Inc. He's the number one builder in Columbus/Phenix City. We have it narrowed down to two floor plans. And I was intent on living in GA and not AL. BUTTTTT Alabama for the exact same house is 30G's cheaper. Yes that big of a difference. I just like the idea of GA though. And I want to make the best decision possible and I want to be happy where we are. So my heart tells me GA, but the price difference and tax difference is amazing and I can't deny that! So when we go down there in August to meet with the builder and all that I will scope out this AL subdivision and see. I just hate to be in the middle of nowhere. I like the convenience of having a grocery store or shopping within a couple minutes drive.

Another problem I'm having is deciding whether or not I like the laundry room upstairs or downstairs. The bigger floorplan has the LR upstairs. Which I kinda like the thought of not having to drag laundry up and down the stairs. But then again I spend most of my time downstairs so do I want to keep running up and down with laundry?? And I like the option on one of the floor plans to have a front porch built that wraps around half way. I LOVE that.

If you go to this website and look at the York or Derby floorplans those are the two we are interested in...
http://www.grayhawkhomesinc.com/community.asp?CommunityID=13

Curt likes the Derby better and I do too as far as the layout is, but I also like the York and the porch option. I also like the way it looks on the outside better than the Derby. More windows and LOOKS bigger even though its not
This is the York:
http://www.kpdk.com/property/property.asp?PRM_MLSNumber=110665&PRM_MlsName=ColumbusGA&VAR_AgentCode=&VAR_OfficeCode

This is the Derby:
http://www.kpdk.com/property/property.asp?PRM_MLSNumber=108911&PRM_MlsName=ColumbusGA&VAR_AgentCode=&VAR_OfficeCode

See what I mean??
I lean more towards Alabama because of that 30grand price difference in prices, but then again I love Georgia, not Phenix City. I think it's pretty trashy honestly.
And I love the floorplan better on the Derby than the York. But I like the outside of the York better than the Derby! Ugh..Opinions are welcome hahaha
Please! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment