Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 1st and other thoughts

Yes, today is June 1st. This is a big day for my family. Curt and I started dating eleven years ago today! We went and watched Star Wars Episode 1 at the movies and he asked me out that night. Good memories :)
On June 1st, 2007 he was seriously injured in Iraq by an IED blast. We spent a long three emotional months at Walter Reed. Last year June 1st he got his TKR done. A month later it got infected and they almost had to cut off his leg. Thankfully they were able to salvage his TKR and spent another two weeks in the hospital at Bethesda. Sigh...I can't believe all that we have been through in the span of eleven years. It's amazing when I think about it. And I'm equally amazed that I haven't been institutionalized yet because of all this anxiety, stress, and depression over the past three years. I hate reflecting on it, I want to move past this stage, but I know it is going to haunt us and we are reminded of it everyday regardless.

So, anyway, I am now officially the Brownie Leader for next year. I'm very much looking forward to this! I've done three levels of training and I have a 3 hour training class I have to go to this Saturday all the way up in Frederick, Maryland which is about an hour or so from here. That was the only class left with seats which sucks because I would have definitely preferred to stay closer to home in Virginia. I've been thinking about where I want to have my meetings and I do believe I am going to hold them at the school. I think there is more room to do activities there. I doubt I'll be holding very many meetings here before we move anyway, so I'm not too worried about it. At least when we move back to Georgia I'll have all the training done and be ready to go! I also have to take a first aid course in downtown DC soon. I haven't signed up yet for that.

We went to Kings Dominion this weekend. It was unbareably hot. I was so uncomfortable. And I was worried about Brandon being out in the heat with minimum shade. Plus Kaylie is terrifed to go on anything so we ended up only staying for two hours and then left. The heat definitely got to all of is though. Lesson learned again I guess.

Last night Curt was grilling our dinner of hamburgers and we ran out of gas. So we ended up having just my cheesy potatoes for dinner. hahaha it was a great dinner. It was kinda funny to sit down and only eat that. But everyplace was closed yesterday on post so we couldn't run out and get another tank.

Also this weekend I got our credit reports and credit scores. I was extremely happy when I saw our scores. Mine are better than Curt's so I was extra happy and gloating about that. haha It was like a huge weight was lifted after two years of working very hard to raise our scores to above 700 it has happened! No more bad scores! This means so much, lower rates, better buying power! I'm so happy :)
We disputed two things on our reports so once they are taken off it will help even more! As soon as the disputes are done we are going to get pre-approved for our mortgage so we know our buying power limit. I'm impatient to know what we qualify for! I've talked to the realtor and builder already in Columbus so were set on that end. I've looked into both the conventional loans and VA loans. We've looked at floor plans and demographics and got our choices narrowed down to two different subdivisions, both in Columbus. I'm sooo excited. Once we know 100% were going back to Georgia we are going to start the whole process. Hopefully by the time we get ready our house will be almost ready so we won't have to stay in an apartment for too long. I can't wait to be homeowners!

:) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment