So we've gotten our pre-approval through both USAA and Wells Fargo. I think we're going to go with USAA. At this point they are giving us a better deal. And really what does it matter? If we go with USAA we get a check for $950 three weeks after closing. If we go with Wells Fargo the builder will contribute $1000 to closing costs. Which closing on the loan we want is 4300. So really it makes no difference which one we choose. Both of the money will do the same thing and serve the same purpose.
I think we have also decided to choose the Sonoma Pointe subdivision. This subdivision is across the street from Greystone Farms. We've driven through there numerous times and we actually even looked at a house for rent in that subdivision in 2008. We're making this choice for several reasons. One, it's actually in Columbus unlike Ivy Park which is in Fortson, GA. It's close to the "secret" Walmart and a Publix. All three of the schools (elem, middle, and high) are excellent for the kids and within 5 miles (the middle school is actually directly across the street) or less of Sonoma Pointe. It's cheaper to build there than in Ivy Park also by three thousand for the floor plan we want.
We have chosen NOT to live in Alabama. We thought about it and seriously did consider it because yes, it's much cheaper over there, but in the long run I want to be happy where we are living and so does Curt. We both prefer Georgia to Alabama so that's final.
Anywhoo...so we'll be heading down there end of July/August to meet with the realtor and builder face to face and get the ball rolling.
I'm hoping Curt's med board will be done by then. This is my guestimate. His full physical is July 7th and then after that we just wait for a decision I guess. Which shouldn't take that long. As soon as he is found unfit we'll submit for COAD and then head down to GA to work all the details of the house out. Then we'll probably move in the Octoberish time frame. This is all my total guestimate though! haha
Other than that. Tonight is Kaylie's last Daisy meeting. :(
This Saturday is our troop event where were taking the girls to this place called Club Bella and they can get manicures, pedicures, nails painted that sort of thing. Should be fun for the girls! They earned it. :)
The next Saturday is the Bridging Ceremony where all the Daisy's moving up to Brownie's next year go through a special ceremony where they walk across this bridge (a Junior troop is constructing at the outdoor rec center) and when they get to the other side a Brownie troop is waiting to welcome them and give them their Brownie vests. It's gonna be an adorable ceremony! The 1st graders will feel so accomplished that they are going to be Brownie's next year.
I'm looking forward to be the Brownie leader for next year. I have a ton of books and papers I've been reading and trying to get a head start and plan the initial meetings. I'm excited to get back to GA and be involved in girl scouts. I'll prob start a troop up there when we move. And I'll start looking for a co-leader. So if any of you wonderful ladies would like to help out let me know!! You don't have to have a kid in the troop or even have kids to help out!! It's open to ALL ;)
Kaylie's school year is winding down. The last day is June 24th. I know, crazy! Next week they are having a field trip to the movies to see "Oceans" a disney movie about the planet's water supply I guess. Then they have Field Day next week as well. Also their class party should be the last week of school. I can't believe she is gonna be a 2nd grader already! Time sure does fly.
so yesterday also around 930, Brandon was sleeping for his morning nap, I was doing my 30 day shred when I hear tons of commotion outside and sirens. At first I thought it was the school so I opened the door to see what was going on and my neighbor behind us was running down the street and I asked her what was going on when I hear ma'am get out of your house now! Then my neighbor says hurry, get your baby and get out the whole alley is on fire!! I'm thinking "what???" So I run upstairs to B's room, peek out the window and sure enough flames sky high four houses down. Their entire garage is engulfed in flames. My first thought was holy shit, that is gonna spread FAST. It was windy too and I just imagined the entire row of garages and houses burning down. I grab Brandon who is still sleeping and bolt downstairs. I grab my cell phone and race outside. As soon as I got across the street to where everyone else was standing I thought...shit! The cat, my purse, I should've grabbed everything!!! I know its not important but those are the thoughts running through my head. The firemen meanwhile are evacuating houses and getting the huge ladder with the water house all the way up in the air to put out the fire. It was awful.
We live in two row townhomes, so two houses are connected each along with the garages. But we are built very close together. The lady who lives in the connected house that was on fire was hysterical. She was bawling. Trying to call her husband and just sobbing. Her car was in the garage. (Burnt to shreds, its just a shell now) She was terrified the entire house was going to burn as well. Which they didn't thank goodness. But the back of the houses are burnt. The siding is completely black and falling off or melted. Along with about 7 other garages. It's horrible. A lot of extensive damage to not only the burnt down garages but the garages in the direction the wind was blowing and the surrounding houses and garages. One lady can't even open her garage door, its melted shut.
Apparently there is a big investigation going on. Early gossip is that it was arson. I'll keep you posted on that. We just have to be thankful that everyone is safe. It could have been a lot worse if that would have happened during the night while we were all sleeping!! Thankfully it happened in the day and people saw it, even from as far as four blocks away at the office! Crazy.
Anywhoo...that is the shenanigan's so far!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment