Sunday, January 5, 2014

Been awhile!

Wow, I've noticed its been awhile! I don't write as often as I used to. What a shame too. Oh, well...I'm here now. So what happened in 2013 since I last talked to you all? Nothing much!

Kaylie has started 5th grade and just this last quarter received the Super Eagle award. That is an award given to two students from each class each quarter. So proud of her and her accomplishments! She is getting so big and is so smart. She reads ALL the time. Constantly. She is never without a book in her hand. We finally got her a cell phone for Christmas. She really doesn't have anyone to call, but its nice for her to have in case of emergencies I guess. I'm sure soon enough she will be texting nonstop like the rest of preteens/teenagers these days!

Brandon is still my wild man! He is four now and is on the wait list for the preschool here on post. Even though I doubt he'll even get a spot before we move later this year! We play outside a lot and he is now a pro riding his bike. He loves guns, swords, and is really getting into the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles lately and Star Wars.

Curt is still doing his army thing. He completed SLC a few months ago (school needed to make his next rank of E7). He is working on reclassing now to MI and who knows what that will bring us! We are really hoping we can get Fort Campbell, KY next. It's been calling my name for a few months now. It's closest to home (only 8 hours), a gorgeous area, great post, and nice size city of Clarksville, TN right outside the gates, and has great real estate. I can actually see us living there forever and settling down. But who knows! One year at a time right!?! ;)
I honestly would go anywhere. I want to see at least one more place before we settle down.

As for me I have one main issue I want to work on this year and that is LOSE WEIGHT. Over the course of last year I gained 18 lbs. Yes, 18 lbs. I am now a whopping 156.4 pounds..the heaviest I have ever been and I FEEL IT. I am considered overweight for my height. This bothers me. Especially with all the health issues that run in my family. So my goal is to lose that 18 pounds. I have been a steady 133-137 since I had Brandon. Over the last year I was around 136. Then bam! I don't know what happened. Wait, yes I do. I overeat, and eat, eat, eat all day because I'm bored. So here we are today at 156. Not happy, but motivated to change and get back down so my jeans fit again. It was a sad day when I pulled out my favorite capris from my closet and couldn't get them up over my hips! I have to do this. I want to feel comfortable in my skin and not be depressed about it anymore!
I got a treadmill and have been using it every other day starting out. Eventually I will get to using it every day and running on it everyday. On the off days of the treadmill I have been doing my Jillian Michael's DVD or taking the dog for a long walk. Yesterday we went hiking which I considered my workout for the day. Sunday will be my rest day. As having not worked out for a long time I am easing myself into it as to not over do it.Anyway, that is my biggest issue right now.

 Ending on a good note: I have four classes left until I am done with school. Can't wait!! I'll be done June 1st! I completed my resume and am just working on tweaking it a bit to get it perfect. Since we have no idea where we are moving next or even when exactly, my future plans are on hold. I hate planning my life around the army sometimes! I still would love get my MSW, but we shall see!

Other than that we are just planning on enjoying our last year in Hawaii and taking advantage of all we can with the time we have left! Aloha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment