Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Changes are a 'comin! Or are they?

The first change going on in my life is that I finally got back on anxiety meds. I started Celexa and am loving it. No issues after I adjusted to it. I had nausea for the first two weeks but that is gone now. I had my follow up appt and I told her the other side effect I am having is that even though I still have a sex drive I cannot orgasm, which is common with celexa. So she prescribed me wellbutrin to counteract the celexa and balance out. I also started blood pressure meds. Reaching my 30s and I'm starting to go downhill. haha
I also start seeing a psychologist in a few weeks. I am very much looking forward to that!

The other issue that has been on my mind is school...again! I will be done with my BA next year in June. After that my plan was to wait until we PCS and then start working on my master's in school counseling. Well, I happened to be googling the other day and ran across a forum for school counselors. They were talking about how barely any of them work in a school yet. Some have been graduated from 2004 on! It is so hard to get a foot in the door in that field, which I am fully aware of and knew about this field. Anyway, after reading through the blog and seeing how people are struggling to get into a school I got discouraged heading in that direction. I don't want to spend so much money going for my degree and not be able to use it until someone either retires, transfers, or dies! And that is the reality of the school counseling field.

So I started thinking about social work again. I've thought about it before, but its hard to get into and I'm not sure if that is the right field for me. Then there are not any colleges that are close to any army posts that I could go to and get this degree. It's frustrating and I feel a sense of loss. I feel like I am back at square one with no idea what I want to do with my life. It sucks! With that said I also started thinking about just finishing my BA and being done. I really don't need a master's unless I pursue the counseling aspect of the social science field, and a BA in psychology is peanuts, in other words it means nothing in the psych world. You need at the very least a master's to do anything in that field worth something. If I just finish my BA and be done I could just get my realtor license and do that route. But I'm not making any decisions yet. I have a little over a year before I even finish my first college degree. I'll just concentrate on that and leave the rest to fall into place!

If Curt doesn't make the E7 list this year, which I think he won't, he is going to reclass to MI this summer. So who knows what would happen after that. We leave Hawaii late next year, so I don't know how all of that is going to work.  Life is always full of changes it seems. I guess we'll see what 2013 brings to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment