I feel relieved that I finally went to the doctor to get back on anxiety meds. When we were at Belvoir, our life was so stressful dealing with Curt's surgeries and other issues that my anxiety was out of control. I finally broke down and went to my doctor to get help. She prescribed me a low dose of Lorazepam. It did nothing for me and I never went back. I also never started the counseling she put me in for.
Fast forward to here and again, I'm feeling anxious and depressed at times. My doctor here brought up a good point and I agree with it 100% now that I think about it. My anxiety levels get so high, and as it continues to get higher and reach that high plateau I think in my head how crazy I feel and how stressed I am that it causes the downward spiral into depression. And yes, I totally see that now. She put me on Celexa and also a referral to counseling. Since behavioral health is so backed up here I got referred out into town. So when they called me that day they told me they would put in an outside referral that I should be getting soon. Cool. I know that is needed too! Anyway, I've been on Celexa since Friday, so this is my third day taking it. So far I don't notice too much of a difference (which is normal for anti-depressant medications to take about a month to notice), but I am only taking half of a pill for this first week, then the whole pill after 7 days. I have been feeling nauseous since I started it though, which is a side effect. And my appetite is pretty small.
I'm anxious to see how taking the whole pill will make me feel next week! Anyway, I'm glad I took the first step into making myself better. It's been a long, tumultuous five years since Curt was injured. We have had so many ups and downs, I'm surprised I have lasted this long! It's time to confront these issues and talk about them with a professional. As a psychology student I know how important it is to get the proper treatment which is a combination of meds and therapy. I don't want to just cover-up the problem with medication, I want to get to the root of it and find ways to deal with my anxiety issues. It's the only way to get 100% better!! So I look forward to that as well. I'm excited to become "Me" again!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment