Wednesday, November 14, 2012

In a Frenzy!

In a house buying frenzy that is! For the past few weeks I have been addicted to HGTV. Bad news! It makes me crazy to hurry up and get back to the mainland so we can buy a house!!!! Seriously, I feel a yearning in my soul for this. I am so beyond ready to buy a house and put roots down. I love the military lifestyle, but I have never much enjoyed moving around. I am happy that we have gotten to see the places we have. Places, like here, I would have NEVER saw otherwise. So for that I am grateful.

I look at houses for sale daily. Seriously, it gets a bit ridiculous. I usually look in the same spots. I look back hom in IL (Antioch, Lake Villa, Lindenhurst areas) and I look at the DC area, and of course in Columbus. I am pretty certain we will be going to one of those three areas after our time here is up. Home to IL for recruiting, back to DC because Curt has mentioned working at the WTC (warrior transition command) or to Benning for either an instructor position, or something like that. So I am constantly scanning all the real estate websites for houses and adding the houses I love to my favorites. Seriously, I may need an intervention!

I love Hawaii, but I know its not home.As beautiful as it is here... It doesn't feel like home, look like home, or have many opportunities. I feel like we can't start our lives until we get back to the mainland, which is true in so many ways. I can't start graduate school, I can't start working, we can't buy a house, we can't do nothing while we are here but continue to save as much money as we can to reach our ultimate goals! 

With the holidays here now I must admit, I am really missing the colder weather. It just doesn't feel like the holidays when its 80 degrees outside. I feel like the spirit is missing. So that sucks! Don't get me wrong I enjoy the warm weather, but during the holiday season its "supposed" to feel like the holiday season, not like this. So, for me, it takes away the spirit of the season! I'm having a hard time getting into the Christmas mood when it doesn't feel like that time of year.
I guess taking the changing of the seasons for granted has caught up to me! I miss it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment