Friday, September 21, 2012

Working it out

We are working on many things in our family. For starters, we are working on Kaylie. She has been going through a phase where she is lying all the time. She has been grounded for three weeks now for lies she has told. For simple things and big things. I am almost at a loss of what to do. So last night I told Curt we need to start spending more time with her. She is always holed up in her room reading a book. We need to get her out of that shell more and talking to us. I know all kids go through this phase, but it sure is tiring. And then an incident happened the other night that left me devastated. Something Kaylie did. I don't want to get into it for the entire internet world to know, but I truly felt my heart sink and her actions. I made her write a letter to me and Curt about why lying is bad. It's still sitting on the counter and I plan on leaving it there for her to see for awhile. Sigh....its just so disheartening when after you try to be the best parent you can be and then they do stuff like this. So now I am working on being a better parent not only to Kaylie but also to Brandon. I know I have areas I can improve in and that is important to me!

I have also been working on researching colleges for my Master's. I have it narrowed down to the one's I like. If Curt does do this recruiting thing if he doesn't get picked up for E7 in the next two years I wanted to have a good idea of areas to live in with big colleges near by. For Iowa I have picked the University of Iowa in Iowa City, and the University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls. In Illinois I have picked Concordia University Chicago, and also Chicago State University, obviously also in the city. I am excited about this. Last night I even felt good about eventually (long time from now) attempting to get into a PhD program for school psychology.  We'll see about that though. I am taking it one step at a time. And I'll start with finishing my BA within the next year. :)

I am really nervous about my three classes starting October 1st. I have already started reading my textbooks to get ahead. I have Research Methods in Psychology, History and Systems of Psychology, and Intro to Child Development. Big work load. It's intimidating. But I am going to do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment