I have been in a funk for the past like three days. It sucks. I hate feeling this way. It started with me thinking about school. After these two classes I am in are done at the end of March I will be a little over halfway done with my degree. I feel like I will never get done. I am starting to feel like its holding me back. If I could go back and time and do it all over again, I would have went to college right after high school. I feel like my age is catching up to me. Let's face it. I'm 31, pushing 32. By the time I am done with my BA I will be 33 or 34. Then to go on to my Master's, which will be another 2-3 years. I will be about 37-38 when I am done. I don't want age to stand in my way...but I am totally feeling the time crunch. I feel like no on is going to want to hire a almost 40 year old woman for the start of her career. It sucks feeling like that. Like I said I wish I could go back in time and do it all over again.
Anyway, another thing that sucks is I am feeling very lonely over here. I need more friends here. Its hard to make friends though. Its hard to find good people that have the same standards and interests as me and that I feel comfortable around. I don't want drama and I am a very quiet person. So its always been hard for me to just walk up to someone and say "hey, lets be friends". Last time I did that I ended up befriending a psychopath. haha
I am very picky when it comes to friends. This was the problem I had at Belvoir too and ended up meeting two great women less than six months before we were moving here. I miss those girls. One in particular I really clicked with and we had great times together laughing and joking. We were so much alike and I miss her terribly. The military sucks sometimes!
As much as we are enjoying Hawaii and as much as we really love it here and will enjoy our time here, I can't wait to get back to the mainland and settle down. Start our "real" life so to speak. Anyway, hopefully soon I will get out of this funky mood I am in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook me if you are interested in meeting a WWW in Hawaii, I can link you up.
ReplyDelete