Saturday, December 17, 2011

Hotels, houses, and exploring, oh my!

So here we are! Two weeks here and I am still in love! Today we drove around the whole island. It was so beautiful. At some points it literally took my breath away! I have not seen crystal clear blue water like that since we went to Miami back in 2004. Crazy beautiful. We stopped at some lookout points along the way and just would gaze out at the water. Hawaii is so gorgeous. To have the views of the mountains on one side of the road and the ocean on the other is just amazing. We couldn't get over the beauty surrounding us. When we finally got back to the North Shore the waves were still huge. (During the winter the North Shore has huge waves and that is when surfing competitions go on.) I have never seen waves that big in my life. I mean I grew up on Lake Michigan, literally 5 minutes from the beach, but the lake is completely different from the ocean. We never saw waves like that on the lake. haha

Anyway, so we gave up the house on Wheeler. Well...actually Curt did. I am upset about it for a few reasons. The main one being the school. Wheeler Elementary is supposedly the best out of the three on Schofield/Wheeler. The house on Wheeler was a pretty color and it was on a dead end street which I liked. Our new house is not pretty. It's such a plain color. As soon as we drove by it my heart sank. It's in the middle of a bunch of houses, so we will have neighbors in the front, back, and on both sides of us. I am a private, quiet person, so this doesn't bode well with me. There is a playground literally in the front yard of our house. I just see it being noisy and kids everywhere all the time. I cried myself to sleep that night about losing the house on Wheeler. And to make it worse, Curt will be working closer to the house on Wheeler than the house we have now. But...I don't want to dwell on it, because we no longer have the beautiful pretty house. I have to accept the house we have now. Hopefully it won't be as bad as I think it will be. Kaylie's school is also not as pretty. It looks really, really run down and gross. But, we shall see I guess. I still get upset just thinking about the loss of the house on Wheeler. So I don't want to talk about it anymore. I have cried enough over it.
I also cried because I told Curt I did NOT want a later move in date than what we had. But, alas, now we don't move in to this new house until January 16th. I was so upset. That is 10 freaking more days in a hotel. Ughhhhh. I am so ready to have a house again, and get settled. Cook an actual MEAL to eat.

Curt had a bit of a fiasco signing in. They tried to put him (and did put him) in a cav unit. Not where he was supposed to be, obviously. They even told him "we don't have you on our roster"...well duh, its because he's in the wrong place!! Morons.  It took a few phone calls and a memo from the COAD branch manager to get him where he is supposed to be. No one has heard of the MAR2 program yet, since it is still a pilot program. It won't be implemented army wide until April 2012. But he's now at the right location and will be working at the divison headquarters.

So we are still in a hotel for four more weeks We actually switched rooms this week to a bigger room since we will be here longer than we were supposed to be. I just pray we can move in sooner than expected. It tends to happen a lot so we shall see. Keeping my fingers crossed! Our HHG are already here. So it will be good we can get them delivered the same day we move into our house. I guess that is the good news out of this whole deal. Now if only my car will get here soon!! It totally sucks being a one car family!!

Besides all of that, we are LOVING Hawaii. This totally will be a fantastic three years. We look forward to getting out and experiencing it in full. Stay tuned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment