Thursday, November 10, 2011

Down to the Wire

Here we are, down to the last few weeks before we live. I am so excited. I know Hawaii is not going to disappoint me. I can even envision loving it so much and wanting to stay longer. I am nervous about the trip over there, but I am more excited than nervous!

The movers come in 11 days. Our cable, internet, and phone will be shut off in 11 days. Oh, my goodness. That is going to come with a quickness. I booked our hotel last night. We will be staying in this house empty for the rest of that week with nothing in here except our luggage and an air mattress, lol, should be interesting, and then heading to the hotel on the 26th for another week. Should be interesting. The army only pays for 5 days of hotel before we move so we will be paying for four of the days we will be in the hotel out of pocket. It sucks moving around holidays! It was hard to schedule the movers and our flight in a tight time span due to Thanksgiving. I am keeping Kaylie in school up until the very last day we are here. So her last day of school will be on her birthday Dec 2nd and we fly out the next morning bright and early. I will have to drive her to and from school for that last week which I am nervous about because of traffic. I have no idea how long it will take to get on post in the morning. I know its pretty crazy, so we will see I guess.

We are not shipping our car until Nov 30th.. a few days before we fly. Our hopes is to find a car within the first couple of days that we are there. Katy flies out on Dec 1st over to Hawaii. I had a panic attack about that the other night. Getting to the airport with her and for whatever reason she can't fly. Then I imagined her still here and we are over there. Aahh, stress is mounting up.
Like I said that is the only aspect of this move I am nervous about. The long journey over there and getting all of us, including my furry daughter over there safely.
I am crossing my fingers tightly for a smooth trip. Pray for us! haha

This will more than likely be my last blog until we are over there. I will be MIA for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. i'm really glad to see you so optimistic about your move! best way to handle it, if you ask me! and that is so cool kaylie's last day is on her birthday! it will be a nice goodbye memory for her!
    good luck with the move! hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete