Today marks the 15th working day that the PEB has had Curt's packet. I know, I know. We are expecting it to take 6-8 weeks, so we still have another month to go at the latest (hopefully). It's just nerve wracking sitting around waiting for three people to decide Curt's future. More nerve wracking because we REALLY, REALLY hope we would have a decision before we go down to Georgia for Thanksgiving. We plan on meeting with the builder and realtor while we are there to get the ball rolling on the whole house situation. It will just add more stress to the whole process if we actually wait till we get a decision. But we know it is best to wait until we know 100% what is going on. I think it will take a miracle to get his PEB done in the next two weeks though. We've been told they are running the 6-8 weeks. So...that puts us after the holiday.
With our luck as soon as we get back that next week from being down in Georgia they will reach their decision! Just how it goes with us!
I feel though that we can at least go look at a few houses they have ready and meet with the builder who can assist us if we don't like any of the ready to move in homes he has ready. We can then have him draw up our plan and we can pick our own colors and what not.
Which reminds me I have to call USAA and get our pre-approval extended. It expires next week, so I need to get that done asap!
I know I sound like a broken record, but we are so ready to move on. We have been in limbo for three long years and 5 long months. I'm glad to know its almost done. Of course we have to deal with his injuries for the rest of our lives, but it's good to know that the tough part will be behind us. No more appointments everyday, I'm glad that Brandon will not have to endure long hospital visits like Kaylie has since she was 4. That child knows far too much about hospitals and wounded soldiers than she should for her age.
Well, looks like this blog is going to be cut short, B is waking up from his nap!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment