Sunday, October 17, 2010

The waiting game

So we are now officially waiting on the PEB results. Hopefully it will only take 15 working days. I've heard they are running a little behind, so it could be as long as 4 or 5, even 6 weeks compared to the three weeks we were told by his PEBLO. We shall see.It's a waiting game from this point with no way of knowing anything until the results land in the PEBLO's office. I am tightly crossing my fingers for a quick decision. The sooner we can get out of here the happier I will be. I will be even more happy if we get to go back to Benning. :)

We have been talking about it non-stop. Hopefully we will have the decision early November. We have plans to spend Thanksgiving with friends down in Georgia anyway, so if it all works out as we hope it to, we will go down to Columbus for the whole week of Thanksgiving so we can meet with the realtor and builder while spending Thanksgiving with our friend in her house that she just bought and moved into a few weeks ago (which I can't wait to see!!).

I'm getting really excited at the very real prospect of becoming a homeowner soon. It's exciting to think about. I can't wait to decorate it and paint, and make it our home! It's a huge responsiblity to own a home, one we are both ready for. I can't wait to make our lives in Columbus.

Curt got his segway through the Segway for Vets program a few weeks ago. He is having a ball riding that thing around the neighborhood. He has ridden it up to work twice as well! hahaha
Everyone slows down to stare at us and everyone asks him about it all the time. I rode it twice. It's fun but scary because it goes 12mph which is pretty fast. At least it feels fast anyway. That's his new toy for the time being.

Curt started a few physical therapy sessions again for his back that has really been bothering him. There is a huge waitlist for acupuncture--like a year wait, which he wants to try, so we seriously doubt he'll get in before we leave since we will be out of here fairly soon. He also saw sports medicine this past week and got a shot in his knee which I was pissed about when he came home and told me he let them do that. His ortho surgeon specifically said NO shots in the knee, absolutely not!!! He has a huge risk of infection, so I was shocked when he said that he okayed a shot. If I had been there I would have never let that happen. Stupid, stupid, stupid!!


That's our update for now. Keep your fingers tightly crossed for a quick PEB decision for us!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment