And nothing seems to really change! I am ready for a break. I want to go somewhere. Where? I don't care! Anywhere! Just get me out of here for a vacation please. Hopefully going back home for the first time in a year and a half will fix that. It should be fun. We plan on leaving June 25th. If Curt can take leave we will be driving there of course. If he can't come with us, I am gonna fly. No way am I driving over twelve hours with two kids alone! We'll spend the first week in IL then go to Iowa to visit my mom and grandma. Who I can't wait to see! I miss my rah-rah so much. That is the only person I really care to go home for actually. We'll probably spend fourth of July there, then I would also love to make it down to see some friends in Missouri. Not sure yet exactly. We'll have to see if Curt can come with first.
Curt has been so busy lately with the Warrior Games coming up and training for that. Plus his regular physical therapy appointments and now Med board appts, I feel like he's rarely around. He's going to NYC this week to be on the Today show. And I must say I was pissed about that. They are doing a piece on him and his family can't come! The army pisses me off sometimes. He's gonna be gone Tuesday and Wednesday for that. Make sure you tune into the Today show this Wednesday to watch him! He's extremely nervous about it though. After that, the next week he'll be gone to the Wounded Warrior games in Colorado. He'll be gone for the whole week. After that things should calm down and he'll just have his regular stuff going on, including the Med board.
We're meeting with his AW2 lady to go over options. She talked to Curt already, but I want to talk to her too since I'm the one with all the plans. She made a good point and I kind of agree,even though I was set on retirement now and so was Curt. She said do COAD and finish his degree on the army's dime before retiring. Which actually makes a bit of sense to do. That way he will have his degree before getting out. She can do this caculator thing to tell us which one is the best option. And since COAD has no time limits as soon as he's done with his degree he can then do his board to retire. It's up to the soldier how long they want or choose to do COAD.
So now we're thinking about that. But like I said. I want to talk to Andrya before we truly decide. We'll see. If the Med Board finds him unfit is when we submit our request to do COAD. So we still have time to decide. I'm looking forward to sitting down with her so I can hear and ask questions myself.
Anyway, was at the ER all afternoon with Brandon. He has been cranky the past couple days. So I finally took him in and sure enough he has a double ear infection. Poor little guy! He's miserable. His temp was also up to 102, but has gone down since they gave him Tylenol. I hate when my babies are sick!
It was nice to have the past week off to recoup from these last two classes. My next class starts tomorrow. It's my only class for the next eight weeks. Then I'm taking a month off while we go home. I don't want to have to worry about school and vacation at the same time.
I also decided to become the Brownie leader for next year. I'm excited about that. I have to go away to some classes for it and become CPR and lifesaver certified, but I'm all for it. I want to do something and I think this is a great opportunity even if we're not here that much longer. I can carry it back to Georgia or wherever we may go if he stays in and still be a leader there as well. I'm excited for this new adventure!
Well, that's about it for our boring lives. Same old shit, different day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment