Curt had an ortho appointment last week. We asked Dr. Eirle about him wearing a combat load because his PCM wants to know that for his permanent profile. Dr. Eirle said. "Well, I don't recommend and don't want you to do that. There is a difference between you can do and what you should do. Can you carry a combat load? Sure you can. Should you carry a combat load...no. Just like people who run on their knee replacements. Should you run? Of course not. Do people do it anyway. Yes they do"
Curt told him of course he is going to take his advice. We want this knee to last as long as possible. We definitely don't want to wear it down any faster than what has already happened. Being Curt got a "special" one done anyway than what is normal due to the blast damage and THEN dealing with when it got infected Dr. Eirle is totally against him doing anything that would wear it down. So...no combat load. Which means no deployments. Ever. Again. I must say, that's fine by me. And fine by Curt too I think. He can still go to other countries though, like Qatar or Kuwait, places like that, but no combat zones.
What this means though is no more MMRB. He goes straight to the MED board. His PCM still believes (she is board certified) that he will be found fit for duty with limitations of course. I guess we'll see what happens. Curt wants to stay in and will request COAD for wounded soldiers. For you non military people that is Continuing On Active Duty. It allows soldiers with severe injuries to stay in and not be medically retired. The MED board will take longer. So Curt thinks we'll be here through another winter...which totally blows! I asked him last night (jokingly) to request to go back to Benning to complete his MED board. LOL. I wish!
We also found out this week he made the Warrior Games. That will be in May in Colorado and we all get to go. Should be fun. I've never been to that side of the country so I'm excited about that. I just hope the weather is nice!
We have no big plans for spring break. We're staying put here. We are going home this summer. I have a wedding to go to in June that I am really looking forward to. My friends Heather and Jerome from high school are finally getting hitched. They have been together since junior year. Heather and Jerome sent me a message saying how much they wanted me to come since I was the one who introduced them to each other and hooked them up. I thought that was so sweet!! Me and Heather were really good friends back in school and I would love to see those two! It's been eleven years since we graduated! Wow...
Brandon is rolling all over. I am bringing his playpen downstairs soon because everytime I leave him on the floor and come back from the bathroom or kitchen he has usually rolled himself under the coffee table and is eating the newspapers. haha
He'll be crawling before we know it! He LOVES eating. The only food he hasn't liked is peas. But who does? He is also gaining more and more personality and showing when he gets mad how he likes to buck. I love my little man!
Kaylie is doing good in school and loving girl scouts.
Other than that...I got nothing else!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment