Since Curt is getting out of the army now I am terrified for the future. The army has been such a stable career for us that the thought of becoming "civilians" is terrifying!! I am beyond stressed about where we will live, where we will work, and how we are going to transition smoothly with as few hiccups as possible.
I am still moving forward with graduate school. Classes start September 2nd so I have all summer to ponder and work out plans A, B, C, D, and E. As long as I can complete at least one semester of my social work program I can transfer to another school. So fingers crossed we are here until December! ;)
I have already researched and bookmarked several schools in both Iowa and Illinois for a social work transfer. So fingers crossed things work out!!
In other ventures, I have also enrolled in a real estate school through Prudential Hawaii. This is my fall back in case things go crazy and my MSW will have to wait awhile. The class seems fun and I have a year to complete it. They prepare you for the state exam and the material seems well laid out and easy to follow. I will do my best in this course and hopefully pass the licensure exam with flying colors when I feel ready to take it!! I love real estate and took two classes in real estate during college so this is right up my alley as well. Not to mention my love of HGTV and scowering real estate sites daily for houses!!
I have also applied for a few jobs. One being the FBI as an entry level human resource assistant or intelligence analyst. I have already completed the questionnaire, location preferences, and resume screening and have received my third call back from them already. My resume has been forwarded to the hiring managers in my preferred areas I selected so now I just wait for an opening. That was pretty exciting!!
The last avenue I am pursuing is the air force. I have already talked to the health professions recruiter and I have to wait until mid-July to hear what is going on. I am applying for the Health Professions Scholarship Program for my MSW. The air force is the only branch that offers this and it is extremely competitive. They won't even know if there are any scholarships available until mid-July which is why I stated that earlier. He didn't want to tell me that I will be disqualified for my high blood pressure because he did have a PA (physicians assistant) get a scholarship and he had high cholesterol. So its a 50/50 chance and it is ultimately up to the doctor's at MEPS.It would be amazing to get a scholarship and have my MSW paid for! Like I told the recruiter, the worst they can say is no... and if I don't try I am telling myself the answer is already no!
I have also applied to other odds and ends jobs that I am not too keen on, but I am pushing myself to make something of myself! Life is full of opportunities and I am working towards a few of them that may or may not work out! Who knows! I feel there is no harm in trying and I can feel rewarded just knowing I tried my best and did my best at anything I am working towards.
The sky's the limit! What are you waiting for? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment